Interior Suggestions

s1xtyn1n3

I've decided the time has come to do something about the centre console and door panels (the bits with the window/mirror controls). Mine are a little scuffed and tired looking and I'm thinking of wrapping them. I've heard people say its possible to just recolour the scuffs with crayon, but I really want something a little more permanent.

Is wrapping the right way to go? Also, the colour is a dark grey at the moment, but the closest vinyl colour I can find is matte black or carbon. Which do you think is going to look better and is there anything I need to consider when looking at vinyl besides making sure it's a big enough sheet?

Looks really good, but I hate reflections on the windscreen so need a dark colour :)

Are there any brands I should look for or avoid or are they all quite similar?

For example, will this be good enough?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLACK-MATTE-FABLON-TYPE-VINYL-STICKER-SOLD-METRE-/200454471304?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eac047e88#ht_1777wt_905

Di noc is good, but i'm now trialling out some new vinyl called hexxis i think you can get bits of it on ebay, but they only do the CF finish in black, i've got access to the entire colour range, happy to special order something for you and have it sent direct to your house from the supplier if you wish.

i'm currently working on a centre console for a cstomer and should have one ready on exchange basis soon. just gettign some other jobs out of the way first, then i can focus on the centre console.

let me know if you need any tips, or help, worst case scenario is it goes completely pete tong; then you can send it to me to re wrap it for you.

let me know if you need any tips, or help, worst case scenario is it goes completely pete tong; then you can send it to me to re wrap it for you.

Thanks! I ordered the stuff off ebay because it's cheap and my mate wants some crappy faux wood covered up in his Focus. I do think I've possibly got in over my head here though as I've never wrapped anything before.

Also, I do really love the black carbon look :)

Oh, btw - is it something that can be done within a day? If so, I could always drive down if I need you to sort it for me as it's not all that far from Norwich

Give it a couple of hours with the centre console.

You'll need to strip it out, disassemble the cubby door so you can vinyl the door cover, possibly remove the triple gauges.

looks good! I'll give the matte black a shot this weekend - its not cost very much and the only part i worry about is around the gauges as i have no idea what the best way of wrapping the ports is. I've removed the centre console a few times so i'm comfortable doing that, but not taken the gauges or arm rests off before :s

Thanks! I ordered the stuff off ebay because it's cheap and my mate wants some crappy faux wood covered up in his Focus. I do think I've possibly got in over my head here though as I've never wrapped anything before.

Also, I do really love the black carbon look :)

Oh, btw - is it something that can be done within a day? If so, I could always drive down if I need you to sort it for me as it's not all that far from Norwich

i was in norwich this weekend on a stag do :blush: yeah its only about an hour down the road.

best to start in the middle of an itema nd work your way out from the centre. if you get an airbubble that won't push out, re lift it just enough to let it out then pull it back on, flat surfaces are easy, but curves will need heat. it allows the vinyl to mould better. also once you've set an area i always like to go back over with heat to reactivate the adhesive and make sure i get a good bond.

drop me a pm if you need my phone number and i'l try and talk you through it.

drop me a pm if you need my phone number and i'l try and talk you through it.

Cool! might just do that if it all starts to go wrong! The bit I'm worried about is removing the triple gauges as using a soldering iron to melt plastic sounds like an opportunity to really mess something up :scare: