Churchill Renewal-- Can anyone beat it.?

flyboy

Just had my renewal in,

Churchill policy kept on the drive.

1 claim in last 3 years ( Crossfire stolen and never recovered ) :thumbdown: but now got a Zed :thumbs:

7 years NCB :D

Old fart at 49 :thumbdown:

7000 miles per year (work 3 miles from home) :band:

Nice postcode!!

£338.14 inc ipt :drive1

Nice......there are some advantages to get old then!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Looking forward to it already!

Just renewed mine last week and it had gone up by 100% from 400 notes to 800 :scare: I couldn't believe it; I knew from reading similar posts on the forum and other Zed members experiences that there was a likely to be a hike coming but 100%, are they taking the p**s?

Just before mine was due the wife's went through the roof also, so all in all last month was not a good month at all :thumbdown: .

I did negotiate and haggle with the "Flux" and manage to get them down to 600 notes but still an increase year on year of 50% which is not good in anyones eyes.

The reasoning I was given by the customer service representative was that the company they dealt with last year and I was insured with, had decided not to deal with them this year and therefore my policy had to be moved to the "next best quoting company"........supposingly......I'm not synical or anything but not sure I believe them!

Direct Line came up best for me this time around. Was not the cheapest but a lot better than the majority of companies. I guess you really only know how good an insurance company is when you have to make a claim :bounce:

Had two cars with them.

They are good until you say ' modification' I was with them for about 15 years (no claims)no one could touch them. Asked about putting an N1 spoiler on the back. Yes Sir and your premium would go from £350 to £550 , mention I might change the alloy wheels,so alloy to alloy. Yes Sir £800 +

After 15 years they could not care less, so I voted with my feet and moved.