Rev up Air Box

Dicky

Do you think the shape of the air box itself forms part of the improoved performance of this air box or is it just the steel tube (velocity stack)redesign. If it’s the latter it may be possible modify the older air box, what do you think?

Rang my local dealer to price the new air box and they quoted a ballpark of £350 and as there like rocking horse @*!# a mod seems the only option. Cant really see how it would improve performance, wouldnt have thought it was because of any venturi effect but dont know. Does anyone know?

Rang my local dealer to price the new air box and they quoted a ballpark of £350 and as there like rocking horse @*!# a mod seems the only option. Cant really see how it would improve performance, wouldnt have thought it was because of any venturi effect but dont know. Does anyone know?

i will have one for sale in a week or 2, it has a little bit of plastic clip broken off but it serves no important purpose. It will be glued back on so its solid again.

i will have one for sale in a week or 2, it has a little bit of plastic clip broken off but it serves no important purpose. It will be glued back on so its solid again.

PM'ed

I’m fascinated how a tube that protrudes only 1" further into a plastic box with a radiused entry can have any affect at all. All I can think is somehow it produces a less of a turbulent flow allowing slightly more air to get to the engine. I’m tempted to make one out of plastic waste pipe (assuming same ID) Scary I know but nothing ventured no BHP gained :scare:

Interested to read Abby's post though but just thought if I go for the plenum spacer I may as well do this as well.