Car won't start

SunsetZed

Haven't used it since Sunday and went out today and it just won't fire up, it sounds like its turning over but not firing up. Electric locking and cd player are working fine so I'm guesssing it;s not the battery, is it worth trying an ECU reset?

I have 3 lights on the dash, the malfunction, oil pressure and battery but from memory I think that's normal? Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated.

Update: I tried the ECU reset and when I counted the fast flashes as per the guide I seemed to get a code of ten, ten, ten however that's not a code that I can see on the list? The reset didn't appear to change anything.

Anyone? Otherwise it's going to have to be a breakdown call tomorrow, don't trust my local dealer, prefer TGM but they're too far away for the tow people. There is a small independent garage that I trust but I get the feeling this may be too ig a job for them?

Jump start it. I'd go for battery.

Even when mine dies, I can still open it using the fobs, listen to stereo & get dash lights - theres just not enough life left to turn it over

It wouldn't jump at all, after a few minutes it wasn't close, after awhile it sounded better so I'm hoping that it's just that the other car wasn't pwerful enough. I've borrowed a trickle charger and hooked it up in the hope that that will breathe some life into it.

If it does turn out the battery is there a guide on how to get the old one out as it doesn't look like the easiest place to get to to remove.

Quick word of warning though.........if it is the battery and its gone dead for no good reason then the trickle will prob get it up to spec for starting the car but there's a good chance it'll keep failing.

It was a common theme on here last winter - people were finding the battery dead, charging up, all was well then.......2 days later stranded somewhere.

And before you ask ....... :pmzmanalex: for a battery ;)

Update it started after the trickle had done its job but its dark now, touch wood it'll start ok in the morning and then I'll take it out for a decent run and check all is good. If it doesn't then I guess it'll be a new battery. If I do have to replace it then I'll try and create a guide for the site. The least I can do is give a little back after all the help people have offered me, thank you to all of you.