Beware of Invisible 350Zeds?

4RE Leather

The annoying thing about that issue was I insisted that they were the ones to use to the 3rd party insurance Acromas/SAGA who is footing the bill. At least the lady who i spoke to laughed about it.

I will see what happens Friday and try to keep my replys clean and within the law!!

Once again thanks to everyone for their imput

and there is no fool like an old fool.

or in my case a sick fool who is on high dosage of steroids!!

Peter

BT58CPU? NOOOOO WAYYY!

That was my brother's car. His company leased two of them, business partner wrecked the other one. Sorry to hear that you've had such poor luck when you've just got it! And I'm especially sad because that actual car is the one that made me fall in love the Z. :(

At least I can let you in on a bit of it's history though. It was never thrashed, driven most of the time by his girlfriend, the rest of the miles were on the A406 from Woodford to Enfield every day. One thing I will say is CHANGE THE TYRES. Or at least check what tyres they are. Right at the end of the lease contract the tyres were pretty worn, and the lease company demanded fresh ones to be put on or they would charge, so because he was giving it back he bought the cheapest part worn crap money can buy (£150 for all 4!!), if the dealer you bought it from hasn't changed them, then get them off and put some proper rubber on there! Just a heads up.

I really hope it all works out alright mate, and you can enjoy it as much as it deserves to be enjoyed! Like I said, my bro never drove it properly it is probably longing for a good old thrash!

It is on the LOG Book. at the bottom on the front. How I missed that i will never know.

They put 2 brand new bridgstones on the front

At the end of the day I said NO hire or lease cars and ended up with one!

It is a sound car though and by far the best 350 I have ever driven and I drive Astons and ferraris in the course of my escapades!

peter

On checking the service book on BT58CPU the 1st P1 service was not carried out until 12.500 mls hence invalidating the warranty.

It was given a service but they can't remember which one it was before I took possesion of it at 25.300 miles. Bottom line is I feel I have been shafted by Nissan franchise dealerships who appear to be after making a quick buck.

I echo the sentiments of the guy who said that Mercedes are buying out franchises in a bid to clean up the image which is showing in poor car sales and they are being blamed for these cowboys.

I am exhausted and so mad I was in hospital for a few days and discharged myself as l was climbing up the walls with frustration.

Peter

I dont envy you. My missus had an accident the other year and I had to send her car back to the repair shop 5 times and we still were not happy with the finished result. The quality of the repair work was really shocking when the car first came back - even down to them respraying it in the wrong colour!

In the end the insurance company refused to do any more work to the car even though there was still a list of around 5 faults we had, incl the air conditioning no longer working, all the engine warning lights coming on and the car mysteriously loosing a litre of water a week. After many headed arguments on the phone with the insurance company we ended up selling it for a cheap price to a dealer and bought another car instead.

I just got a phonecall saying that the car is ready and will be delivered 2moro morning.

Nothing else can go wrong surely!!!

:blush::doh::headhurt:

Double- :doh:

By the way, did you ever solve 'Lady Pardon'? I find talking like the Queen works a bit better but only when stationary as any road noise ruins it. I have one emergency number in it (home) so no matter what I say it will dial it. It's quite refreshing as you can say 'dial &*%#! you #@%^&' and it always seems to get it right :p:lol:

Best of luck with the repairs. You will find something you don't like, it's inevitable, but if it's just dust then take the car, it's the best you are going to get!

Wait for it...... Car came back looking like brand new:) absolutely fantastic.

I was going to Monticarlo a few weeks ago but it's kind of lost the appeal to me now.

had a interesting meeting with WLMG and they are going to exchange the car and get me a Auto

as my Arthritis is a bugger in my knees at the moment.

WLMG behaved like true gents and at the end of the day whats the point in fighting if eveyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.

No point in going over old ground.

Still a toss up as to if the replacement car gets the private reg or I end up putting it on here. I am loathee to part with either really but bit expensive to have as ornaments?

Did anyone see the ITV programme yesterday evening at 19:30 on the true cost of running your car?

I found the bit on fraud insurance crashes very interesting and I would suggest that you might want to consider what i am doing.

I went on ebay a while ago and got a TAXI CCTV. It has forward and rear facing camera and microphone. It runs off a Sd microcard and you can play it back on downloadable software. Any one who hits you and says otherwise will not stand a chance.

i am aware on one case where the victim of a incident had a CCTV installed and sent the file to their insurers. So insensed were they by the 3rd party in claiming it was not their fault and the nature of their dangerous driving that they sent ot to the Police who succsessfully prosecuted them.

They start off about £40 for a basic one and mine was £150 for all singing all dancing.

Peter

I was going to Monticarlo a few weeks ago but it's kind of lost the appeal to me now.

had a interesting meeting with WLMG and they are going to exchange the car and get me a Auto

WLMG behaved like true gents and at the end of the day what;s the point in fighting if eveyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.

Still a toss up as to if the replacement car gets the private reg or I end up putting it on here. I am loathee to part with either really but bit expensive to have as ornaments?

Did anyone see the ITV programme yesterday evening at 19:30 on the true cost of running your car?

I found the bit on fraud insurance crashes very interesting and I would suggest that you might want to consider what i am doing.

I went on ebay a while ago and got a TAXI CCTV. It has forward and rear facing camera and microphone. It runs off a Sd microcard and you can play it back on downloadable software. Any one who hits you and says otherwise will not stand a chance.

i am aware on one case where the victim of a incident had a CCTV installed and sent the file to their insurers. So insensed were they by the 3rd party in claiming it was not their fault and the nature of their dangerous driving that they sent ot to the Police who succsessfully prosecuted them.

They start off about £40 for a basic one and mine was £150 for all singing all dancing.

Peter

I found this one on E-bay but to cover both ends, seems like you need two.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vehicle-Car-IR-LE ... 27ba83b478

Could you let me know where you got the all singing all dancing one from?

WLMG behaved like true gents and at the end of the day what;s the point in fighting if eveyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.

Peter

I found this one on E-bay but to cover both ends, seems like you need two.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vehicle-Car-IR-LE ... 27ba83b478

Could you let me know where you got the all singing all dancing one from?

Or was it this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Taxi-CAR-CCTV-DVR ... 33677af8a4

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0779444388

Taxi CAR CCTV DVR VIDEO&VOICE,GOOGLE TRACKER,DUAL LENS

if you follow the description down you can actually click on a u-tube link and it shows you how it works.

Get a spare pack of 25mm standard suckers as if your heavy handed like me they won't last five minuets.

It comes with a 4gb sd card but i just put a 16gb class 8 in. Best is a 32gb class 10 but they are a bit expensive.

We had simular cameras on the buses in London and now i won't drive anywhere with out it.

2 lenses and the option to turn the mic and either lens off.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for.

This has stored tracking and street view ect.

Let me know how you get on

Peter

Never thought about the bluetooth as I have not had the car and until the phone rang whist getting up a bit of speed on the Chiswick flyover I forgot all about it.

As l am having the car changed I shall wait until the new one comes and play then.

:bangin:

All this is making me think about driving mine less before my European trip in 3 weeks time. Don't want some silly t@!t doing the same to mine!! Will take the KA to Morrisons this am.

Take 2 mates with cars along and you drive in the middle. Simples:):):yahoo:

BT58CPU? NOOOOO WAYYY!

That was my brother's car. His company leased two of them, business partner wrecked the other one. Sorry to hear that you've had such poor luck when you've just got it! And I'm especially sad because that actual car is the one that made me fall in love the Z. :(

At least I can let you in on a bit of it's history though. It was never thrashed, driven most of the time by his girlfriend, the rest of the miles were on the A406 from Woodford to Enfield every day. One thing I will say is CHANGE THE TYRES. Or at least check what tyres they are. Right at the end of the lease contract the tyres were pretty worn, and the lease company demanded fresh ones to be put on or they would charge, so because he was giving it back he bought the cheapest part worn crap money can buy (£150 for all 4!!), if the dealer you bought it from hasn't changed them, then get them off and put some proper rubber on there! Just a heads up.

I really hope it all works out alright mate, and you can enjoy it as much as it deserves to be enjoyed! Like I said, my bro never drove it properly it is probably longing for a good old thrash!

I just found 2 entries in the sat nav. guess what they were? Woodford and Enfield. She needs to be careful as it's another way criminals can hunt you down.

WLMG are sourcing me another car. When i pointed out that the 9000 miles service that manufacturers stipulate was missed and again the 18000 mile I contacted Nissan GB at rickmansworth and they said in all probability because the 1st service was 12.500miles and not 9000 miles in the event of a engine malfunction the warranty was void.

So lessons to all there. If you buy a main dealer car and find the 1st service has been missed or more than 500 miles over the top then you are up a gum tree:)

But i knew that as it was the 2nd time it happened to me. 1st time I slaughtered the company in county court.

Peter

• 5 months later...