Yorkhill Easter Egg Run, Charity Event,

ARphotographs

Hi Everyone,

i'm aware i don't post on here as much, been very busy since i moved down to middlesbrough.

i thought i should post this up, as i'm still in touch with a few from the forum (and miss a few as well :byebye: )

Its a longish story but if you read it, i think you'll understand why i'm coming out of the past to post it.

My youngest neice (now over 1 year old) suffered an enlarged heart at 4months old. (now to fill in the rest in my sisters words)

Lucy was rushed into Yorkhill Childrens hospital in Glasgow and immediatly put into a medicaly induced coma and put on a ventilator. She was pumped full of drugs to keep her heart going as they assessed the situation. At this point we were told that she was in the rule of thirds. A third of kids with this problem will make a full recovery, a third will survive but always require medical intervention and a third will die. we had no idea what group she was in but we hoped for the best and feared the worst. As a week and a half went by she got no better.

After about a week of them being at her bedside and sleeping next door to the hospital.

We got a phone call in our room at 5am telling us Lucy's heart had gone into a strange rhythm. i have never run so fast in my entire life. we were back by her side in 3 minutes. So to cut a long and very painfull story short, she crashed and even with all the heart recussitation drugs her heart couldn't support her. She was immediately put on the ECMO machine which is a heart lung bipass. Basically taking over the job of both her heart and lungs. The ventilator was still used but this was only to keep her lungs from closing up entirely. At this point lucy was put on the emergency transplant list.

So as the days went by again we were told her chances were getting slimmer. she then developed an infection from her stomach and got septicemia (blood poisoning) as a result. Her left lung then collapsed and her kidneys failed. Her stomach then bloated so badly due to the infection that she was now at risk of having a ruptured bowel. Sitting by and watching my darling little child slowly getting worse infront of my eyes is the most heart breaking things i have ever had to endure. We were watching as her hopes were slowely slipping away.

Since then Lucy has recieved a heart transplant along with a pacemaker and Tracheotomy, She is back in Glasgow and is living a life that 8months ago seemed impossible. Everything is still not perfect and she has a lot to go through.

More can be seen at a facebook group my sister set up:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 4639209677

All i can ask is Please Please Please donate to help allow Yorkhill to continue to provide the support that helped keep our family from loosing Lucy.

For this Event, i will be traveling from my flat in middlesbrough dressed as Tigger and i'll ride my bike like this all the way to Glasgow, then will happily put on the outfit and take to the streets for the Easter Egg Run. For the Main run, my dad will be dressing up as Winnie the Pooh.

If i can raise £700 on here, my work, will match it. This will give Yorkhill a whopping £1400 so Please click that button and make this happen!

if you want to read more, type into google "daily record Lucy Smith"

I see others are doing charity stuff and i don't want to stand on their toes but its something thats close to my heart and i want to do the best for them.

so please, http://www.justgiving.com/forlucysheart

Thank you,

Adam

Hi Stephen,

saw your posts as well and will donate when payday comes round, felt like i'd be stepping on your toes posting this.

its easter sunday 24th April.

Cheers Irfan, need to take the costume back to the shop as the lovely assistant forgot to remove the saftey tag (can't break it off or it will fire ink onto the costume)

once i get that done, will happily put up photos!

You tried any other methods for raising extra funds?

I have baked cakes, made biscuits, put football cards round work and even sold multipack cans of juice to raise some extra funds. Selling goodies in work is a great way to make extra money, as everyone has a sweet tooth, and there is lots of money to be made from it.

You could even wash cars in your work carpark for a minimum of a £5 donation.

Stephen. :thumbs:

a wee bump to remind those who have said they would donate haven't yet.

I'd do cake sales and stuff but work have a annual charity so they have one at least once a month for them!

Got a few other plans in mind, such auctioning off some photos/photography sessions.

Come on Guys, i'm soo close to target!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let those interest know,

Run went brilliantly,

just giving is currently on: £1314 then gift aid and works £700, belive my dad also has about a further £200 to collect, so all together really proud!

and for those wanting photographic proof!

229288_10150223295070979_501420978_9017725_661272_n.jpg

227476_10150223295105979_501420978_9017726_1339651_n.jpg

That one was in the Evening times on monday!

230489_10150223717615979_501420978_9022773_4102153_n.jpg

And finally us taking part in the Cha cha slide, Oldest niece can be seen to the right of the picture with my mrs!

216254_10150223717580979_501420978_9022772_3724621_n.jpg

Cheers for the donation guys, Really appreciate it!