Sticking clutch pedal under power

Stroudy

Wondering if anyone can shed light on something that heppened yesterday.

I made a fairly swift start from a cross roads, esp off, revs up to about 4k, lifted the clutch fairly quickly and gave it a few beans.. and the clutch pedal, once released, stayed pretty much down on the floor and slipped the power deliver a lot?? Changed into second and backed right off and the pedal was still near the floor. After 10 odd secs it came back up to normal raised position and all was back to normal.

Is this some kind of safety feature does anyone know?? I would have thought ESP off would have meant no barriers to full power deliver at all? Did smell a bit 'clutchy' when i got out of it at home 20mins later too.

Any help much appreciated as need to know if I have a prob or not. Car is a 30k miles 2007 GT with very light use and clutch, and rest of drive train, usually feels like new.

Cheers.

If it does that then there is something very wrong. There is a long list of things clutch related that it could be ...including clutch plates sticking and or slave cylinder personally i wouldn't wait till you either burn out the clutch plate or get stuck with no drive..... need investigating asap...sorry but thats my opinion. please let us know what is is when you find out. good luck.

Hmm. Not caused me any probs at all until yesterday, as dont ever do hardcore standing starts as have a bit of mechanical sympathy, but sometimes you just feel the need for speed! Will keep an eye on it and not try any 'attempting the manufacturers 0-60 claims' for a while and see what happens.

I suspect that it wont be an issue but will need to be looked in to at some point i guess.

Thanks for all your help, any more pointers would be grately received.

Cheers...