slimjim

Right...

New DBA 4000 Discs

New DS2500 Pads

New (well, new to me) original GT Rays alloys

New Michelin Pilot Sport 2's

Dear GOD!... it like a NEW freakin' CAR!!!! :scare:

:#1::yahoo::dance:

Gotta throw out thanks to ZManalex, Sarnie, Ekona and everyone else who has helped me with this. :notworthy:

Oh and also Penfold who bought my old alloys so I could afford the PS2's! :thumbs:

Cheers guys...

Just gotta get the wheels refurb'd.... but after my open wallet surgery, I'm going to have to save up for a while before I can do that.

I just can't believe it is the same car. It feels so PLANTED...

:dance:

ive never upgraded breaks on a car, but also tbh i never feel that the break are bad in the 350z and need upgrading - but then again i havent been on a track day

I cant quite picture what better breaks would be like, you just push the pedal a little lighter each time lol?

ive never upgraded breaks on a car, but also tbh i never feel that the break are bad in the 350z and need upgrading - but then again i havent been on a track day

I cant quite picture what better breaks would be like, you just push the pedal a little lighter each time lol?

:lol:

At the moment (as I haven't bedded the brakes in yet) it's just the wheels/spacers/tyres that are making the difference.

I only really upgraded my discs as my rear's needed replacing, so for the price I thought I might as well upgrade them all to a step above standard.

Sounds like you made some great choices. The no. 1 thing has to be the tyres - braking, steering, weight shift, traction - it all goes through the tyres - I have the 050As but I am sure the PS2s are worth it.

Now you can enjoy the car :thumbs:

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the brake set up you've gone for?? Is there a certain/rough amount of miles you have to do before they're at their 'best'??

I had the same Rotors and Pads fitted yesterday.

Let me know :thumbs:

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the brake set up you've gone for?? Is there a certain/rough amount of miles you have to do before they're at their 'best'??

I had the same Rotors and Pads fitted yesterday.

Let me know :thumbs:

cool... I am driving about a bit at the weekend... and also on Tuesday (off to Reading) so a decent run out.

I need ot bed them in first though...

http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm

really interesting link, i have never actually done a procedure like that when getting new pads etc, i have just taken it easy for the first few days then gone on like normal.

where do you find enough road to do the suggested techinque?

errr.... Private roads, obviously ;)

really interesting link, i have never actually done a procedure like that when getting new pads etc, i have just taken it easy for the first few days then gone on like normal.

errr.... Private roads, obviously ;)

lol i as after a time and place...i cant think of any roads near me that are quiet enough to do that sadly :(

Sounds like you made some great choices. The no. 1 thing has to be the tyres - braking, steering, weight shift, traction - it all goes through the tyres - I have the 050As but I am sure the PS2s are worth it.

Now you can enjoy the car :thumbs:

I've got DBA 4500/4000 and DS2500. I've got Goodyear Eagle F1A all round. Much better the the RE040 and much better (and quieter) than the much-vaunted Falken 452s. :thumbs:

Worked out quite well actually... 6am, M54 Sunday AFTER the clocks went back (So people actually thought it was 5am!)

Road was empty... :teeth:

Dear GOD!... it like a NEW freakin' CAR!!!! :scare:

A little different than last September at Country Cooks car park then. :lol:

So two new cars in 7 months, not bad . Now Enjoy. :yahoo:

Yup... cheers Chris it is a TOTALLY different car.

At the time, I couldn't understand how you guys were keeping to the roads. I could only just brave HALF the speeds you lot were achieving (Not that you were speeding) ... but the car just felt "wrong"

Rock on now! :drive1