Kinetix cats- buy myself or is it worth doing a group buy?

rickya

I personally would always go the solo route , then if you have any issues with quality of service / product etc. you wont have a middle man to worry about....IMO :) I dont think you'll get much more discount on a group buy anyway as Kinetix have reduced the price recently :)

Cheers Tim :D

Not too sure about the plenum?? Cost weighed up against amount of performance increase, plus cases of melting plenum covers ??

yes the early ones did distort :wacko: apparently the new model doesnt ,I have one fitted and no probs at all and its been through the hottest summer ever :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

hey chaps,

anyone still interested in a kinetix cats group buy?

if we can get six or more people we can get a really good discount

jamisonl@msn.com - this is the email of the guy at kinetix who gave me a quote if anyone wants to contact him for more detail.

6 or more sets $320 + $90 shiping each so a nice total of $410 per set delivered!

:teeth:

Do these fit straight with the current setup?

yes they will fit standard set up :thumbs:

Then put me down for these too, i'll be up for getting some.

What will couple up with these to make the flow better?

Nismo system (but get ear plugs :teeth: )

as in manifold, inter and back?

In fact i dont know the setup of the 350z exhaust system! Is there a thread to show it or let me know what it consists of?

In fact i dont know the setup of the 350z exhaust system! Is there a thread to show it or let me know what it consists of?

no manifolds with Nismo , just cat back :thumbs:

here's a picture fron an american site http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-3 ... enameZWD1V

here's a picture fron an american site http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-3 ... enameZWD1V

Is that it!!!!! $900, not fair, i want to live in the states now!!!!! So its just cat back which is cool easier to fit myself too.

So 350z setup, 2*manifold either side, 2*cats either side, joining pipe, single inter pipe, then into backbox. Simple

Would it be worth getting the headers at the same time as the exhaust or are they a waste of time?

Would it be worth getting the headers at the same time as the exhaust or are they a waste of time?

sorry I dont know about headers, or anyone that has had them fitted..doubt if they give any gains though, I only did my mods for the noise factor ;)

not to sure on a thread you might need a more experienced z owner.

if anyone does fancy a set but would like to go the solo route you can contact the same guy at that email address it will just be $460. so you would save about 30squid with the group buy.

does someone more well known to everyone wana take over the group buy as im still a newbie :blush:

not to sure on a thread you might need a more experienced z owner.

if anyone does fancy a set but would like to go the solo route you can contact the same guy at that email address it will just be $460. so you would save about 30squid with the group buy.

does someone more well known to everyone wana take over the group buy as im still a newbie :blush:

I'll have a set too ;)

Val,

Did Steve-B from the old site not fit headers ? Seem to remember the pictures of the shiny, twisty, bits of metal ?

Were they not a complete and utter baitch to fit, and showed no gains ?

I may be confusing with the UR Pulleys, but pretty sure he went for the headers as well ?

Gus