Front camber adjustment

chippychip123

As the title really, I've recently lowered my 350 and had an 4 wheel alignment done and was just wondering if the front has any camber adjustment on the OEM stuff. i have the SPC rear arms and bolts and was trying to avoid buying the front ones. i know the rear OEM setup had some adjustment, just wondered about the front? As i had a sneaky suspicion the guy in the tyre place didn't really know 350's :thumbs:

Cheers Tom :D

Think they're 9.5 rear with 275 tyres. I can't put any spacers on at all as the arch will destroy the tyre. Misses it by about 3-4mm. I run rays for the track though and at 40mm it's stupid low. Raised it to 35mm drop and still bottoming out on ground with bumper sometimes. Looks good though :lol:

Well I'm on coilovers and origional rays and the tread of the tyre is hidden by the arch :shrug: i would say its deffinatly lower than what eibach springs drop. But im only on an Oem bumper now, I removed the ings lip because the height I wanted to run the car the lip was bearly 40 mm off the ground :doh: I'll get round to putting it in the forsale section soon :byebye:

Well I'm on coilovers and origional rays and the tread of the tyre is hidden by the arch :shrug: i would say its deffinatly lower than what eibach springs drop. But im only on an Oem bumper now, I removed the ings lip because the height I wanted to run the car the lip was bearly 40 mm off the ground :doh: I'll get round to putting it in the forsale section soon :byebye:

That is far to low , it will wear the front compression arms bushes out in no time , rear driveshaft angle will be excessive as well for constant running. I would say a max of 25mm is the most you can lower the 350Z to keep reasonable suspension angles. SPC make a nice front suspension top arm to allow the camber to be adjusted, not cheap thou.

Raise it up a few MM I am sure it will ride far better and be more usable.

yep i raised mines and it made a hell of a difference. Alex always said to me that 25mm is as low without putting strain on other components and bushes. Some people prefer looks over function though, whereas, i want both :lol: The eibach lowering springs were a perfect set up to be honest. Im having issues getting my kw variant 3's adjusted to suit. And now i get alot of banging when hitting big pot holes from the front suspension/drop links/ bannana bar? :shrug:

That is far to low , it will wear the front compression arms bushes out in no time , rear driveshaft angle will be excessive as well for constant running. I would say a max of 25mm is the most you can lower the 350Z to keep reasonable suspension angles. SPC make a nice front suspension top arm to allow the camber to be adjusted, not cheap thou.

Raise it up a few MM I am sure it will ride far better and be more usable.

+1

dangerously low mate. Had mine that low for a while and could easily knock the cats eyes off the road On standard rays ;)

Car would get unsettled easily too.

About 25mm all over and the front cambers were about 1.4 degrees. I dont understand why your cambers are so different tho.

I got the spc front camber arms and adjusted the front camber to 2.5 to eliminate understeer but Tyres don't like it. Neither the bushes.

Spc kit is great with easy and more precise adjustment. Before that I had another kit (don't remember the name-blue with lots of Allen bolts on the plane) which was ok but had to adjust to 0.01 of the degree.

Steve's car isnt used on the road so it doesnt really have as much issues as running a car lower on the road as the car is serviced a lot more between runs.

But it is only around 30/35mm lower than a stock car , we also run small diameter tyres so this makes the car look a lot lower.

Personally I think the rose jointed bush is the way to go , it is only a few more pounds expensive than the Super pro bush. We can supply these as well thou.

If the car is running so low I feel the compression arm is running out of it's safe angle so it will over work the bush. The rose joint will work up to far greater angle than a super pro bush.

We have had no troubles with rose jointed bush , I have been running these on my JDM car for 3 years now no noise issues either.

They be back in stock very soon may even be next week.