**GB:Urethane banana arm bushes @ Horsham Dev**

GT4 Zed

As the title says i have been in touch with Superpro Uk the only company to make polyurethane compression(banana) arm bushes to replace the common knackered OEM rubber bush resulting in clunking and knocking infront suspension from 30-40K miles onwards but worse is the poor feel and inability to retain geometry setup leading to increase tyre wear and poor handling.

They cost £158.76 incl VAT - Superpro dealer recomended price but we will have a 10% discount on ontop of that! I will confirm final price tomorrow :thumbs: This discount offer applies to any of their other bushing offerings. See the diagrams in my thread for all bushings. Standard banana arm bush is product code SPF2847K.

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=47058&start=0

Put your name down if strongly interested to get these. Note the only alternative is to buy new banana arm with OEM rubber bush from Nissan at +£300, used from breakers with no guarantees or get OEM type bush to replace worn bushes from traders here or get solid spherical bushings from SPL but these are back ordered for weeks. OEM type bushes will tear again especially if you zed is lowered or driven hard. Urethane and solid bushes are the best upgrades. They cost almost twice as the OEM type rubber bush but will last longer and handle better and consistently.

The GB will entail buying direct from Superpro or their dealer. I would just be providing the discount code to club members before their purchase. Unless i negotiate a rep status in which case i will set up a member trader account as per forum rules and trade directly with members. We need to show interest by getting at least 5 names down asap :p . All items in stock. Feel free to direct all questions in this thread. I'll try to answer them.

SuperPro.jpg

In summary what you get is:

Improved handling and stability

Long life, low maintenance

Precision engineered for an exact fit

Increased tyre and suspension life

No increase in vibration and road noise

3 Year / 30,000-Mile Guarantee

1-GT4 Zed

2-

3-

4-

5-

to replace the common knackered OEM rubber bush resulting in clunking and knocking infront suspension from 30-40K miles onwards

They cost almost twice as the OEM type rubber bush but will last longer and handle better and consistently.

3 Year / 30,000-Mile Guarantee

I have to admit they do look good but if these are going to last longer than the oem type isn't the guarantee a bit low? The oem replacement bush would last 3 years and 30,000 miles surely? :)

Remember where a lot of people use these Dave - out on the track. 3yr/30k miles of track work will be a lot harder than on the road.

I saw these at Autosport International show and talked to one of their guys for quite some time with my mate Ben. They came across as very professional and knowledgable, and theres a lot more goes into developement of the bits than I thought, more than just copying the OEM stuff in urethane. Looks like very good stuff and they certainly sold it well to me.

Remember where a lot of people use these Dave - out on the track. 3yr/30k miles of track work will be a lot harder than on the road.

Fair point :thumbs: But for normal road use i would expect these to last well more than 30k.

Fair point :thumbs: But for normal road use i would expect these to last well more than 30k.

Yes way more. Going by the chap on the stand at Autosport - they last rather a long time - he had been running a set in his car for quite some years (forget what he quoted now as I thought it might be BS).

Thanks Chris for providing the answers. Always on the ball mate :thumbs:

The price is for both sides. Could not catch up with Ross @ superpro today due to gtting pinned down at work but off tomoro so i will confirm price.

They will last way longer than stock and you would find that 30K mile/3yrs waranty for something that is engineered for track use is damn good. It will be fit and forget for DD and fast road/hooning use.

What you have to bear in mind is not just longevity but importantly it will firm up things in front hence better and consistent handling.

People should be flocking in on this ;) I can guarantee that almost all lowered zeds have this issue and most of those over 40K miles will have advance deterioration of the banana arm bush and other bushes.

Hi chippy and everyone who kindly showed interest in sorting out their bushes or pm'ed me wrt questions related to bushes;

- I am glad to anounce that Horsham developments will officially be the approved Superpro stockist and distributor for the forum and will offer the 10% discount i was had negotiated for furom members.

- Infact i will add that Horsham will not only supply any superpro bushes but also offer a competitive fitting service.

- I also have to add that Jez at Horsham is offering a cheaper base price than Superpro than i could have got and when you include the 10% discount it is a win-win for all concerned :thumbs:

- i will be getting my bushes tomorrow and will get them fitted over the weekend with a little guide for those who want to DIY as myself and i would also put in a little review and if i attend the west midlands meet on sunday give passender rides or the opprotunity for chaps to feel the diffence and report back.

So for all Superpro bushing requirements head towards Horsham for your needs. :clap:

Got my Superpro banana arm bushes today and H-dev spacers for my custom plenum spacer. Thanks Jez for the quick service :clap:

Also got a few other goodies; X2 front rubbers. 255/35/19 MPS2 off course :p . Could not get 265s from my usual stockist so this will have to do ;)

Got the D1 controller in case i can't fit the intake manifold and MREV2 in time for a UTEC retune. Should be getting ported intake manifold and the MREV 2 tomoro :snack:

I have put the car on stands and preoiled all the nuts and bolts on the K-member in readiness for removal of the arms early tomoro. Then its off to get the OEM bushes pressed out and Superpro ones pressed in and refit the whole thing. The OEM bushes look very sorry as i already knew from the clunking they made and vague feel.

I hope to do a step by step guide for those who want to DIY to save labour costs. And off course there will be a review :thumbs: Some pics:

Nice little package with bushes, instructions and grease. Note right bush preassemled by hand. Feels nice and well engineered.

IMG_1693.jpg

H-dev spacers for strut brace and plenum pillars. I have needed these a long time to fit my custom plenum spacer correctly. i will get rid of the washers i had been using :p Husky i think you need this :thumbs:

IMG_1685.jpg

Everyone should have one of these as the basic minimum to improve throttle response. Don't know why i got rid of it before :shrug:

IMG_1694.jpg

Jacked up. ready to go :teeth:

IMG_1696.jpg

Yep! thats the bad boy. you can see there is a slight twist on the vertical axis :scare: i pried it with a metal bar and its all over the place :surrender:

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

Doused all the nuts and bolts with WD40 to soak overnight after wire brushing all the rust and grime! Might need a long breaker bar to avoid stripping nuts :scare:

IMG_1700.jpg

Superpro bushes line up for the zed and product codes. I hopeto swap all these eventually. More discounts should be handy :thumbs:

350Z20Front20Suspension20with20SP20references1.jpg

350Z20Rear20Suspension20with20SP20references1.jpg