350Z GT - up to £12k

TomS

Looking for my first foray into the world of 350z!

Up to £12k for the right one.

Under/around 40k miles preferably with P3 service done.

GT pack

Any colour, swaying towards not black leather as well! I'm in Manchester so anything close by would be a bonus!

Thanks ewan, looks decent but I was hoping to find one closer to Manchester. There's someone here that might be selling a zed that's not too far from me and the right colour/leather combo.

I'll let you know though as I'm after alzean leather :)

How important is mileage on a zed? I know a fair few people have said it's more to do with the service history and how the car's been looked after but does mileage have anything against the car? I know a few people have reached 100k miles without many troubles but I've always been a bit wary of cars with 50-60k+.

Do a fair amount of zed's suffer from rusty exhaust and rear clicking or is it quite uncommon? Would it better to go for a car that's had these fixed/replaced over one that doesn't mention it or would the problem have come to light by now on a 5+ year old car?

Nice zed Danny, just a bit out my price range with me moving house now confirmed today!

How important is mileage on a zed? I know a fair few people have said it's more to do with the service history and how the car's been looked after but does mileage have anything against the car? I know a few people have reached 100k miles without many troubles but I've always been a bit wary of cars with 50-60k+.

Do a fair amount of zed's suffer from rusty exhaust and rear clicking or is it quite uncommon? Would it better to go for a car that's had these fixed/replaced over one that doesn't mention it or would the problem have come to light by now on a 5+ year old car?

Nice zed Danny, just a bit out my price range with me moving house now confirmed today!

You've probably been wary (bit like me) because your dad/grandad/uncle grew up in the age where engines lasted 50-60k before severe tinkering was required.

Secondly you've probably (like me) owned cars that need the cam belt, brakes, major (whacking great expensive) service at 50-60k........you have a chain on the Zed and your looking for one with the P3 completed so no issues at all.

10k should easily get you what your looking for unless your a bit touchy on the age of the car - we picked up a 54 plate ginger with full history, GT pack and 29k on the clock for £8700 over 6 months ago.

Don't be afraid to travel for one either - you could always see if a forum member who's in the local area could take a look at one for you first.

Cheers Ricey!

The best zed I've come across so far for what I'm after is an 04 GT, 33k miles, new exhaust and UpRev'd for £10.5k, which I'm thinking is a bit much but not totally sure? Looks in perfect condition and well looked after but I'd have though it's £1k overpriced?

Also, I've come across two that are pretty very similar in spec, age, condition but one is £2k more, with 25k miles less. Does the milage have any sort of bearing/knock-on effect on the car or is it like you say, more to do with service history and how its been ran?

Looking to spend under £12k now as moving house is costing more than I was expecting! Trying to find the perfect zed for under £10.5k.

Love the colour of yours but 65k miles in 4 years is a bit much for me and I'm after alezan leather ideally,

Thanks for the post though :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Picked up a zed on Saturday :yahoo: Love it so far and I've hardly been able to drive it, drives great, sounds great with a Japspeed K2 and Y pipe on it and it's in really really good condition.

Bought it from a forum member on here, webber. Kept it very nice and tidy for me! I'll get some photos up of it as soon as I can, just need to get used to changing gears without jerking everywhere!

Yep I was very sad to see it go! :byebye: But i'm glad its staying within the club.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have, its been a great car for me over the last couple of years :thumbs:

I'm sure you'll get used to the sporty clutch in no time too and the eagerness to go when setting off! :)