Toyota hit back with a new Supra

sl114

Im sure I read somewhere that Toyota were pulling out of the sports car market, which is why the Celica and MR2 have stopped production and no replacements were planned. That Supra is super ugly though and if it looks much like that I cant see many going for that over the GTR

This Supra will use the V6-Hybrid link up of the Lexus GS450h (my wife's car) which is hugely powerful and smooth (335bhp; a 270PS petrol engine alongside a 180PS electric one). I imagine they'll tune that to get another 50 or so horses out of it. This is rear wheel drive and will be around the £50K mark.

The Lexus, the LFA-1, will be a V8 or a V10 and will be around the £80K mark, and also be hybrid, and possibly 4WD. And if you think that Supra looks a bit ugly...

However, while the Lexus will definitely happen, the Supra is being used purely as a teaser to see if potential customers are interested enough to generate a market for it. We're a long, long, way off production yet.