Have you fitted a Nismo V1 Rear spoiler

Mears5

i am currently considering fitting a nismo V1 rear spoiler to my car, however it currently has the little rear lip on it i just wondered if anybody has actually gone through the process of taking the lip off and fitting the above and would no if you can utilise the same holes?

i have seen other discussions about it and have tried to do some reasearch with some saying yes and some saying know just wondered if anybody can provide a more definative answer to help?

the below should show what im getting at

Cheers Guys

photo2.jpg

:thumbs:

Extreme care has to be taken while removing the rear OEM spoiler. There's loads of gritty particles that lodge underneath the spoiler and it'll scratch your paint if you're not very careful. The spoiler is also bonded on and needs levering off :scare: . The body shop that did mine made a right mess of it first time around, lots of scratches, a small dint and a badly damaged Nissan burger badge. They did however fix it for me in the end. ChrisS removed his own OEM spoiler, took him several hours I think.

Pete

I took my lip off and fitted a Nismo V1.

The original lip is a bit of pain to get off as it is bonded pretty firmly, but a hairdryer and lots of patience will get it off eventually. Great care is needed not to damage the paint underneath though, followed by a very good clean.

The Nismo spoiler uses the two existing holes, but you also have to drill two new ones so can't really be removed afterwards.

As has been said, the orignial lip is pretty well bonded on.

Not sure about DE cars, but my HR used a 3M type tape to secure the OEM lip. Made is slightly easier to come off. Not sure what earlier cars used.