Stubby Aerial - advice/pointers please

Buckley

ive only had my Azure 350z roadster for about 6 weeks and fell out with the large aerial already :)

had a quick check on eBay and found this, which i subsequently bought

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

it came on Saturday and after a wash i decided to fit it, but the aerial doesnt fit flush to the black plastic and as soon as you remove your hand from screwing it on you lose reception/signal

ive emailed the bloke who i got it off and said hed send a replacement or give me my money back - but im reluctant to get another in case that doesnt work either - whats the chance id just been given a duff one and the next would be OK?

would anyone reccommend a similar aerial that would work (im thinking of a shop now as eBay seems to be full of junk!)?

another thought ive had is to cut the original one ive got down - would it work or just bugger it up!?

thanks - any advice or tips on which to get would be good

also after some number plates too, as the ones i have still have the garages names on them which is annoying me - doubtful of goin to eBay for em but its the cheapest place - wonder if halfords do any good ones?

thankyou :)

ive only had my Azure 350z roadster for about 6 weeks and fell out with the large aerial already :)

had a quick check on eBay and found this, which i subsequently bought

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

it came on Saturday and after a wash i decided to fit it, but the aerial doesnt fit flush to the black plastic and as soon as you remove your hand from screwing it on you lose reception/signal

ive emailed the bloke who i got it off and said hed send a replacement or give me my money back - but im reluctant to get another in case that doesnt work either - whats the chance id just been given a duff one and the next would be OK?

would anyone reccommend a similar aerial that would work (im thinking of a shop now as eBay seems to be full of junk!)?

another thought ive had is to cut the original one ive got down - would it work or just bugger it up!?

thanks - any advice or tips on which to get would be good

also after some number plates too, as the ones i have still have the garages names on them which is annoying me - doubtful of goin to eBay for em but its the cheapest place - wonder if halfords do any good ones?

thankyou :)

i got this too , cant say i had any fitting problems however cant get many radio stations! , always listen to cd's anyway , but yeah ariel reception is poo

What would happen if I trimmed my original one down, it's like the stubby but with a thin carbon fibre bit on

Tempted to try it!

If it messes up I'll have to buy an S2000 one I suppose

Anyone tried cuttin one before!?

What would happen if I trimmed my original one down, it's like the stubby but with a thin carbon fibre bit on

Tempted to try it!

If it messes up I'll have to buy an S2000 one I suppose

Anyone tried cuttin one before!?

Yup did it to mine, The reception isnt too bad in my area but do notice it does drop and crackle in certain harder reception areas but thats expected when your cutting it down. Oh and as for how much i cut off, All of it down to the rubber, i was going to leave two inch at the top and recap the end with the original end

Look for a Honda S2000 aerial :thumbs:

Got a link or anything please mate?

I wanted it for show but it's gotta have some use too, otherwise it's like a doughnut with no jam in when you bit it!!! :)

S2000 antenna. Little bit big at the bottom but hardly noticable. Reception quality is not different between OEM Nissan and this one I've found.

Pic whore opportunity too :)

imagelmr.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Funny I came across the thread. I bought the exact same aerial as the OP and again I lost all reception. I think it is just too small to pick anything up. if the aerial was on top of the roof, I think it would be fine.

I think I might just give up with getting a stubby aerial as I have a feeling I will end up getting bad signal all the time.