new wheel advice pls...19s or 20s then lowering?

threefiftyz

bored at work cos non of our systems are working and seen these wheels on this add...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2439927.htm

luving the deep dish look :cloud9: , upon investigation found this ebay add

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19%22-NISSAN-350Z ... f6ffed5e2c

couple of things i was wondering...

would i need to lower? has anyone got some pics of aftermarket rims on the standard setup?

are they a known rim or cheap ebay trash?

what the consenus on what to go for ...19s or 20's?

Errr 20's more for show, and 19's more for go, is my general opinion.

Its all down to personal taste, I have 20's on mine, and love the look and that they fill the arches, its also lowered on Eibach pro spring kit 30mm, and correct offsets/spacering (et20)

Looks great at a show, meet etc, and with the correct tyres, they perform fine for what I need.

19's are smaller, therefore a bit lighter, and better performance, and also look good, so you get a mixture of both.

And 18's is what the 350 was fitted as standard, and therefore prob lighter and better performing

Although you can get lightweight 19's etc, so all depends on your personal taste mate

And make sure you get good tyres for them

Warning:- Decent 20" tyres can cost £650+

So consider cost of tyres into your decision

i think it partly down to offsets, if the offset is good then 19's do the trick IMO. 20's do look good but your adding significant weight. Even with 19s they are heavier than OEM. Mine is standard ride height on 19s

and correct offsets/spacering (et20)

IF YOU GET CORRECT OFFSETS YOU SHOULD NOT NEED "SPACERING"

Correct offsets are not just determined by the size of the wheel ie 19,20 etc but also by the width of the wheel, tyre size etc, etc.

i run the lmgt4's if add even a 5mm spacer my tyres will destroy the arches or vice versa.

18's are for go 19's and 20's are more for show although the 19" lmgt4's are pretty light and have been ok on track. 18's give the best feel imo

bored at work cos non of our systems are working and seen these wheels on this add...

would i need to lower? has anyone got some pics of aftermarket rims on the standard setup?

Here you go, 20" inch Axis Penta's on standard suspension, with 20mm spacers. Bought these secondhand and have had the outer lip refurbed since this photo was taken. Offsets on the wheels are 25, might struggle to clear the brembos without the spacers. The EBay ones are Vertini, I've got a different model Vertini on mine, seem to be quite well made.

P1014556.jpg

P1014558.jpg

Pete

See my thread and these wheels fitted! actualy look a lot better in the flesh than pics!

Here you go, 20" inch Axis Penta's on standard suspension, with 20mm spacers. Bought these secondhand and have had the outer lip refurbed since this photo was taken. Offsets on the wheels are 25, might struggle to clear the brembos without the spacers. The EBay ones are Vertini, I've got a different model Vertini on mine, seem to be quite well made.

P1014556.jpg

P1014558.jpg

Pete

cheers pete....exactly what i was looking for.....initially thought id need to lower as well but after seeing your pics doesnt look to bad at all :thumbs: whats the ride quality like?

See my thread and these wheels fitted! actualy look a lot better in the flesh than pics!

yeh i dont think your pics do em justice....could you take some more pics pls? also you on standard suspension?

cheers

yeh i dont think your pics do em justice....could you take some more pics pls? also you on standard suspension?

Will post some better pics tomoz. yep im on standars suspension still.

But in my Dining room is new springs, V3 body kit, rear Wing, vented bonnet n Carbon fibre interior..so was gunna post pics as an after shot. :yahoo:

But in my Dining room is new springs, V3 body kit, rear Wing, vented bonnet n Carbon fibre interior..so was gunna post pics as an after shot. :yahoo:

friggin ell...gonna look sweet once all thats sorted...will look out for the pics, i didnt think i'd change anything on me zed.....now im getting worried.... :lol:

You can, my coilovers will be for sale soon ;)

I don't buy into that speed bump crap either, they are huge around here - you just learn to go at an angle :p

My problem isn't a speed bump, it's a hill with a very sharp incline, then slight decline :( As it is, if I don't go over it at <1mph it scrapes the nismo y pipe flex joints and when I do go over it there's maybe less than 1cm of clearance.

I'm still just thinking as to whether other y pipes give more clearance, can't recall having to worry as much with the stock y pipe. Tis on the left here:

VolkGTS4.jpg

Its only the y-pipe :p That was my lowest part of the car & it used to take a beating but it just scratched it up a bit, no damage :)

You could try the sun line racing y-pipe, its more slimline & has no flexi sections but its expensive :(

for reference, me trying to get on my driveway

DSC_2295.jpg

DSC_2294.jpg

Its only the y-pipe :p That was my lowest part of the car & it used to take a beating but it just scratched it up a bit, no damage :)

You could try the sun line racing y-pipe, its more slimline & has no flexi sections but its expensive :(

for reference, me trying to get on my driveway

DSC_2295.jpg

DSC_2294.jpg

:scare::scare:

Yeah but if it's low now, if I drop it by even the minimum drop on most coilovers, it'll become part of that hump in the road :lol:

Stillen also seem to have a similar y pipe without flexi sections.

cheers pete....exactly what i was looking for.....initially thought id need to lower as well but after seeing your pics doesnt look to bad at all :thumbs: whats the ride quality like?

cheers

I don't notice much difference in the ride quality and yes, I was a bit concerned that 20" wheels would require lowering but it's not too bad as it is... TBH I think it would look better if it was lowered 15mm at the back and maybe 5-10mm at the front but it's staying as it is for now ;) .

Pete