Joining the Stillen group

CarpeDiem

Hi,

Well I finally make the decision to go ahead and order the Stillen. Instead of going down the road of importing the system myself, I decided to get Chris (Tarmac) to do all the hard work for me. It would have worked out slightly cheaper if I had imported it myself at collected it at Glasgow airport but factoring in the hassle and petrol cost it was more than worth the extra few pounds to get Chris to get it delivered to my door.

Through out the decision making I had inudated Chris with questions and I have to say his help through the whole process has been second to none and would not hesitate in using him again and recommending him to others.

Another added bonus by getting Chris to arrange collection/delivery was it arrives so much quicker. Normal lead times can be up to 2 weeks (although is usually about a week) depending on how long it takes to pass through customs. With Chris having a business account it clears through customs in hours rather than days. Order was placed on Tues 1st March, was collected from Stillen on Thurs 3rd March and arrived at my door on Mon 7th March.

Here it is freshly unpacked out the box:

Stillen.jpg

I've kept the protective sheeting on to protect it while its transported to garage for fitting.

It is booked in for 10am tomorrow to get fitted and can't wait to hear the difference.

Will let you know my thoughts after I have been for a run tomorrow.

You are so going to love the sound of that :yahoo:

Hi,

Well I finally make the decision to go ahead and order the Stillen. Instead of going down the road of importing the system myself, I decided to get Chris (Tarmac) to do all the hard work for me. It would have worked out slightly cheaper if I had imported it myself at collected it at Glasgow airport but factoring in the hassle and petrol cost it was more than worth the extra few pounds to get Chris to get it delivered to my door.

Through out the decision making I had inudated Chris with questions and I have to say his help through the whole process has been second to none and would not hesitate in using him again and recommending him to others.

Another added bonus by getting Chris to arrange collection/delivery was it arrives so much quicker. Normal lead times can be up to 2 weeks (although is usually about a week) depending on how long it takes to pass through customs. With Chris having a business account it clears through customs in hours rather than days. Order was placed on Tues 1st March, was collected from Stillen on Thurs 3rd March and arrived at my door on Mon 7th March.

Here it is freshly unpacked out the box:

Stillen.jpg

I've kept the protective sheeting on to protect it while its transported to garage for fitting.

It is booked in for 10am tomorrow to get fitted and can't wait to hear the difference.

Will let you know my thoughts after I have been for a run tomorrow.

And now it's Tuesday already.............. Videos and sound bites tomorrow please. :)

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, can't wait until it is fitted. It only came yesterday but Wednesday seemed so far away on Monday.

Awesome!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Very happy with it. It gives a nice deeper tone on starting and accelaration but has no drone while cruising whether at 30mph, 60mph or 70mph. Obviously couldn't check at any higher speed :p

@Chris: Been a pleasure doing business with you mate. Will definitely keep you in mind for any future business. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...