Hey all, hoping to be a new owner :)

Hi guys and gals,

I currently own a VX220 and have had her for three years.Loved every second of it until this winter where i just had enough of preparing the car to be used. I was well still am an avid poster on the VX220 owners club and have been on numerous meets and events with those guys. Hope to do the same with you lot :D

I know i will probably miss her especially in the summer months but i wont regret this decision (well i hope)

Heres a pic of the VX:

FxCam_1296771390263.jpg

I am currently on my search for a z, but need to sell the VX first. After a drive in a 350 the other day I cant wait to get my hands on one! I was actually very surprised about how they handled their weight and im loving the idea of some creature comforts that you simply dont get in a VX220, like an interior lol, also the fact that a z wont want to kill you if the roads are not perfect.

I would ideally like to end up with a pre 06 in azure blue or the gunmetal grey colour (sorry i dont know the proper name) with a GT pack and the rays wheels with as low miles as possible. I did want a nismo kitted one but asking for all that for around £10k is a bit much :blush:

I do have plans for the z when i get her, but will be very happy when i get my hands on one.

Cheers for reading, sorry for blabbing on but just wanted to say hi, hope you guys are as awesome as the VX220 owners club :drive1

If anyone knows of any decent forum owned cars up for grabs in the south east feel free to point me in the direction.

Welcome to the forum :) . I think there's 2 or 3 here who've come from The VX220. Saw one the other day, getting to be a rare sight these days.

Pete

Indeed they are there are lots of new owners who buy them when they are cheaper towards winter time then write them off. Always a cull which is unfortunate, most of the reason for the write offs is that if you damage one of the clams you have pretty much had it as getting hold of a new clam is near enough impossible then there is the cost. Anything VX220 specific is pretty damn expensive. Lights are i think £750 a corner :wacko:

Thanks for all the welcomes, this site seems to be perhaps a bit more lively than the VX site.

Matt L: Do you have a link anywhere for said car? :)

link to mine although imagin its a bit far from you.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=46784

Rather nice looking z and exactly what im looking for! lol

I would travel for the right car, looks like i will be pushing the sale of the VX even more so.

I have a mate that lives in Burton so i could always arrange a viewing incorporating a visit to him :clap:

link to mine although imagin its a bit far from you.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=46784

Rather nice looking z and exactly what im looking for! lol

I would travel for the right car, looks like i will be pushing the sale of the VX even more so.

I have a mate that lives in Burton so i could always arrange a viewing incorporating a visit to him :clap:

Would be a good drive to visit him :p

Welcome,

I have NEVER EVER seen a VX220 on the road before. I saw one when they first came out in a shopping centre as a raffle prize and I think that was it. Always wondered what they were like. If I remember rightly, they were aimed to compete with the Elise? You wont regret getting a zed though B), I don't maybe if we have another repeat of this winter :thumbdown: but hey only 7-8 months to go :cold:.

The world is your oyster when looking for a pre-2006 car and you can afford to be very picky. There are a lot for sale at the moment and if you come across a dog there is usually another two around the corner. Good luck and don't forget, we want pictures!

What kind of VX is it mate, a normal one or the turbo?? I sat in one before at a car show and struggled to get back out it and I was 19 at the time lol. You'll like the zed mate, its awesome.

Welcome to the forum as well :thumbs:

My VX is a 2.2 NA as opposed to the 2.0 turbo. They are lighter due to the aluminium block and handle better as a result. I never played with an Elise on track but i am reliably informed lotus owners do not like us B) haha

The VX220 is a lotus elise S2 chassis, with a bigger engine and a better (imo) looking body shell, and rare as rockinghorse @*!# :teeth:

The getting in and out is a skill you acquire when owning one haha, bit of an arse when someone parks too close to you in a car park! Many a time have i had to take the handbrake off and push the car out of a space before i can get in. The pistonheads lot were amused last meet XD

I have seen a few z's now that interest me i think i will try and take my time over it, but my excitement gets the better of me more often than not. But i will bug you all for as much advice and such as i can when going to have a look at one :p

Firstly i will make sure the VX goes, as i would be really annoyed if i found the perfect z that i couldnt buy due to still having the VX.

Thanks again guys