350z seats

HassanZ

My 2007 has two knobs on the driver side. It also has two electronic controls for the driver and just one for the passenger.

O.K, Thought I was seeing things but I've just popped out to check, both cars have 2 knobs, the roadster has 2 electronic controls for the passenger. Either it's a roadster feature or it was introduced in 2008?

Pete

Looks like the double button passenger controls are to be found only on roadsters. Here's a pic of a pre facelift model. Probably something to do with the hood operation as I've noticed that the seat on the passenger side tilts forward when you press the hood down button. :)

2532236-6.jpg

Pete

Just a query about the heated seats. From a US document I believe both the bottom and backs of the seats have heater elements in them but both my seats only seem to warm the back. I've checked for loose connections underneath in case some previous owner disconnected them for fear of medical issues shall we say but nothing seems to be wrong. Unless its a common fault with them, I reckon the chances of both seats failing in this way are minimal so:

Is it a common fault?

Can someone confirm that both parts should warm up?

Is there an obvious fault eg separate fuses??????

Cheers

John

My 2007 has two knobs on the driver side. It also has two electronic controls for the driver and just one for the passenger.

My 2005 GT Zed has 2 knobs on the side of both seats and in regards to the electronic controls it has two buttons on the drivers seat and one on the passenger!

Moving onto the heated part of the seats; both the base and back of the seats should heat up with the facility activated. If you click the centre console "rocker switch" located in front of the cubby hole at the back, then the seat is on a low heat and sporadically heats up to give a lower setting. If you click the button at the front, the heat is far more instant and intense so just all depends upon how cold it is!

I tend to rock my seats onto high when I first get in my Zed on a cold morning to heat the cold leather and then once the car is nice and snug after a few miles I generally rock the heat onto a lower setting or off altogther!!!

Hope this helps. :thumbs:

My Zed has 2 knobs and 2 switches on drivers seat and 1 switch and no knobs on passenger seat, it has that black lever instead... :wacko:

I've just looked on Pistonheads and found a GT spec Zed with alezan leather just like mine, this has only one knob on the drivers seat and it has the electrically adjustable seats feature! :wacko:

2526429-6.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi. I understand the seats are adjustable (I had a quick play in one at a local garage), and could move the seat forwards/backwards, but struggled to find a height adjustment.

Do the seats move up/down at all?

The electric switches moves the seat forward/backwards and the back rest. There are a couple of knobs on the door side of the seat which changes the height etc :thumbs:.

Ah, I did wonder what the knobs did. I assumed they did the same as the electric switches.

My heated seats seem to take a fair while to heat up and I've yet yo feel the backrest get hot :wacko:.

There have been issues with the heated seats since the ZED was released - general consensus is that they are poor compared to likes of Audi etc and as far as I can recall no definitive answers to where problems lie although faulty sensors, trapped looms (under the seat/s) have been been blamed. One suggestion I saw was someone even thought the amount of heat was linked to the climate control setting so if you had the windows down that would increase the seat heat :wacko:

couple of threads where the queries were debated:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29678&hilit=heated+seat+working

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18158&hilit=heated+seat+working&start=0

As regards the differing seat controls I believe they have changed as the ZED has evolved. The 370 has full electric control for the passengers seat as well as the drivers seat, probably because the storage locker is no longer behind the seat. The drivers seat has the two knurled side knobs, one for raising/lowering the squab and one for tilt. There is also a lever on the side of the backrest for the lumbar support. The passenger's seat does not have those.

If I'm honest I found the 350GT seats a tad more comfortable for my hips and although it is said the 370 seats are supposed to be the same as the 350 ones they are not and also evidenced by the absence of the little side storage trays. :shrug: