Fellow Zed people

Rossz1

Hi guys i have recently had a P3 service and since i have had it done i have the stiffest gearbox when cold but only going into 1st, 2nd and 3rd. but once warmed up its fine. but before i had it serviced my gearbox was smooth even when cold but now it takes me all my strength to put it into gear. any ideas??

Also had the car into the garage for a knocking noise coming from the front of the car the mechanic checked everything, as its only when i go over bumpy roads etc. and he came to the conclusion that it was my brake pads rattling around the calipers??.

one more thing (sorry) just changed my 2 rear tyres and they had ridiculous wear on the inside of the tyre. but the outside edge wasnt so bad,

I fitted spacers so im thinking perhaps a problem with camber?

any help will be much appreciated

Cheers guys.

Also had the car into the garage for a knocking noise coming from the front of the car the mechanic checked everything, as its only when i go over bumpy roads etc. and he came to the conclusion that it was my brake pads rattling around the calipers??.

No no no ..... probably banana bar but change drop links first as that's cheaper

Hi guys i have recently had a P3 service and since i have had it done i have the stiffest gearbox when cold but only going into 1st, 2nd and 3rd. but once warmed up its fine. but before i had it serviced my gearbox was smooth even when cold but now it takes me all my strength to put it into gear. any ideas??

one more thing (sorry) just changed my 2 rear tyres and they had ridiculous wear on the inside of the tyre. but the outside edge wasnt so bad,

I fitted spacers so im thinking perhaps a problem with camber?

any help will be much appreciated

Cheers guys.

Sounds like that they may have put in the wrong transmission oil.

Knock may be ARB drop links or Compression arm bushes.

A full steering geometry check and adjust should fix your tyre wear issues.

Fluids, links and bushes all in stock if you require them. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Cheers guys....so it couldnt be brake pads rattling round? i thought it sounded a little strange. but he did say he checked everything and it was all solid.

Sorry to ask but can anyone tell me the correct transmission oil?

Really appreciate the help as always.

Cheers guys....so it couldnt be brake pads rattling round? i thought it sounded a little strange. but he did say he checked everything and it was all solid.

Sorry to ask but can anyone tell me the correct transmission oil?

Really appreciate the help as always.

Really doubt it's the brakes ......... banana bar is really difficult to diagnose ......... drop links are fairly simple to diagnose ..... so if he can't find anything then I'd go for the banana bar ............ :pmzmanalex: he'll advise on costs

PS my Nissan garage once diagnosed pad rattle ..... they were WRONG

Ahhhh dont tell me that...... .why so much? i think my guts just fell through :-(

it's a long story and I didn't have the benefit of advice from the good guys on here .....it won't cost you anywhere near that especially since Zman has bushes available for the banana bar now AFAIK

search my posts for "banana bar" or "compression strut"

Ahhhh dont tell me that...... .why so much? i think my guts just fell through :-(

it's a long story and I didn't have the benefit of advice from the good guys on here .....it won't cost you anywhere near that especially since Zman has bushes available for the banana bar now AFAIK

search my posts for "banana bar" or "compression strut"

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42116&hilit=+banana+bar

yeah i would say that, like average speed 25-30 on bumpy roads its really loud.

Then it's almost certainly related to anti roll bar. If they had the car hanging on the ramp, they wouldnt be able to feel the play.

Get them to check it with the weight on the wheels.