anyone in the surrey area good with nitro RC cars?

sparky370z

hi people,

a year or so ago i bought a traxxas revo 3.3. this is after a t-maxx 2.5, HPI and a schumacher xtr 3e.

it is an awesome machine and i want to get it running again. for the summer. perhaps bring it to some meets.

basically i am having major problems keeping my revo tuned. i followed all the breaking in procedures and it ran well for a while. but i havent used it in ages and i cant remember if i did the after run procedure.

it just wont start, i have taken the carb off and checked fuel is passing through. but i have checked everything and it still wont start.

if anyone can think of anything i have overlooked that would be great!!

cheers

Mark

have you bought new fuel? sometimes the fuel goes off if its not completely sealed.

Change your glow plug for a decent one.

Get the factory setting procedure and adjust it back to it. Adjust the low end needle(screw) so the idle is a little higher.

Get someone to feather the throttle while trying to start.

Sometimes if you leave fuel in the engine and leave it outside the piston sleeve rots aswell.

I buy all my spares from modelsportuk.com brilliant website and lots of info if you call them up :thumbs:

the fuel seems OK. when i put the fuel in the carb directly. its starts no probs. i think i may have to take the carb apart and clean it. not sure if any fuel is going through it. i have "blown" through and can hear air coming out. not sure.

i have read that the fuel might be too cold (as its kept in the garage). but as i say it starts when put in the carb.

im getting good compression on the piston. it seems to be OK. dont really want to have to strip it out of the car.

glow plug and starter is good nice orange glow.

will return to factory setting and go from there i think.

abbey would get 40+ hp more with a remap and a plenum spacer. ;):p not sure if their dyno could handle it :lol:

Mick charles models ewell. :thumbs:

Yeah i havent been in there for ages. The bloke is a right bloody misrable sod.

Plus he doesnt deal with models that he doesnt sell. So traxxas is a big no no. I will go in there tomorrow and get some nitro cleaner and some more tubing. And some more glow plugs.