Older models!!!

jpaul25

Hi all, as per my intro page, I soon hope to be the owner of a z in the next few weeks.

however I have noticed that most people on here tend to go for 04 - 06 models rather than picking up a newer model 07-09.

i have read that the 07 + are the facelifted model, with a lager engine i believe these are all the 313's??

is there any particular reason people go for the older models??

is it purely a money situation or am i missing something???

2006 onwards was the facelift models. Upto 57ish it was 300ps vq35de engine and then the vq35hr engine came into play. High tax kicked in on 2006 but whats 200quid a year extra for a car thats worth the money the zeds are. Really its not even 20quid extra a month.

My tax on my 57 is £435 which is about double of the pre 2006 models :angry: (worth it :wub:). I know people who also prefer the looks of the older model too. I parked up at my mums work on Saturday to give her a lift home and a guy was there with an immaculate 2004 350z in black. As you do we started chatting. He said he thinks the older models have more character whilst I argued the opposite. All personal preference.

I've got a 55 reg'd model that I bought with delivery mileage in Feb 2007. Made a huge saving as the facelift version was out by then but I had no idea that the road tax was about to be changed...my 2007/2008 road tax cost £180 :) . These days, you won't make much of a saving by getting an old style 55 reg or a facelift 06 reg maybe a 1k or so these days.

He said he thinks the older models have more character whilst I argued the opposite. All personal preference.

The newer models look better....that's why loads of us go around sticking bulge bonnets and rear led's on :lol:

Pete

If I could afford the facelift I would have gone for that. The rear LEDs and the bi-xenon headlights are a massive improvement, as well as the slightly more posh interior and extra power.

It all comes down to budget, and anyone who says otherwise is telling porkies :lol:

My tax on my 57 is £435 which is about double of the pre 2006 models :angry: (worth it :wub:). I know people who also prefer the looks of the older model too. I parked up at my mums work on Saturday to give her a lift home and a guy was there with an immaculate 2004 350z in black. As you do we started chatting. He said he thinks the older models have more character whilst I argued the opposite. All personal preference.

He's lying, he's envious of the buldge! I loved my facelift, bonnet was much nicer, lights were better and interior was updated. Can't forget the updated interior!