water damage??!

christianmg

Ah just back from 3 weeks away to find that a pipe has been dripping in the underground carpark of my apartment block right on my car!!

Before xmas the pipe burst (just on top of the car :scare: ) flooding the car park, but didn't seem to do any damage, I washed her off and everything seemed ok! Not bad for a couple thousand gallons of water, enough to blow out all the wooden doors in the car-park and flood 2 of the lifts.

I assumed the pipe was fixed but there must have been a continuos drip coming from where they fixed it right onto my bonnet for the last few weeks. The stain was massive and white to begin with but after a 1 hour wash, about 20 mins spent just on that spot with soapy water and a sponge its still about the size of my fist and the length of my arm.

Is there any good products out there to get rid of this?

Is this something I should claim for?

I dont want to rub too hard, but is it just a matter of elbow greese??

Thanks for the help guys

ah nightmare!

professional help? - do you mean like a body shop? Do you think it would need painted?

And relax mate, I have just given Tim a nudge, he has a lot of experience and I think in cases like this I would trust him a little more than an amateur like me.

He will be here when he gets a minute. :)

Well remembered Beavis :lol:

ah nightmare!

professional help? - do you mean like a body shop? Do you think it would need painted?

And relax mate, I have just given Tim a nudge, he has a lot of experience and I think in cases like this I would trust him a little more than an amateur like me.

He will be here when he gets a minute. :)

:lol:

Cheers Martin.

Sorry to hear your tale of woe Christian. As suggested by Beavis, vinegar is the route I'd try BUT no scrubbing. Just spray on and allow to soak, re-apply and see how you get on.

Best wishes

Tim

thanks guys,

gonna scout off to tescos and get a spray bottle, vingar and some kitchen roll!!

didnt think it was limescale, just thought it was water marks but looking at some of those pics, it could be early days lime, and ... well i think i got off pretty light!!

thanks guys!

... oh and on a side note, was AMAZED no water got in during the first burst! I know its a coupe, but all the seals were perfect! not a drop inside! My old megane coupe used to let water in like the titanic through the sun roof even in a drizzle!