HKS S/C kit - Fitting cost

Dom187

Hi,

I am planning to go FI at some point and before I start getting into buying kit I thought it would be a good idea to speak to your guys.

I was planning on doing this in two phases.

(Note I have a DE engine with 17k miles)

phase 1:

plenum spacer

sports cats

performance headers

performance exhaust

new clutch + lightened flywheel.

better brake pads

possibly suspension upgrades

phase 2:

fitting of HKS Supercharger kit

I have read in a few places that the HKS kit is only for stock cars? So adding mods, or putting mods on before is pointless due to piggyback ECU limitations? Then I have read other places that adding a FCON V Pro ECU gets round this? As the car can be mapped to make use of the mods?

Also what would be the rough cost for the fitting of the HKS SC kit?

Also if all the above was fitted and was being used to its potential, would it be safe on stock internals? I am looking for 400 RWHP once i have finished...

Sorry if these are silly questions. I have tried to do as much reading as I can but I cannot find answers to some of my questions so I thought it best to speak to the experts.

Thanks for your time

Dom

Abbey can re-map using your existing ECU and probably will recommend doing this. Haven't heard of mods not being compatible with the HKS but I may be wrong. Sure Mark will give you all the answers you need but in general running around the 400bhp mark is considered safe on the stock internals. :thumbs:

400 rwhp is a big ask from the HKS kit. Also the additional mods is nonsense, its only if you use the base map that comes with the S-con thats included in the kit.

I was running Cosworth Plenum, DC headers, Tomei decats, custom y-pie & a greddy exhaust with my HKS kit and 380 @ the hubs at 7.5psi on Abbeys dyno.

There is a guy on my350z that has broken the 400whp barrier but he was also using aftermarket pulleys & the stage 5 GTM kit aswell as similar mods to what I run :)

Had my kit on for about 6 months before deciding to sell the car :blush: No problems with it during that time.

Only thing I would do differently is to have gone TT instead, initial outlay was a similar cost & in hindsight I should have gone that route. I love my car with the HKS kit fitted, but I prefer the kick of a turbo :)

If you do decide on the HKS kit then avoid GTM, I had loads of trouble with them ignoring emails & phone calls after I had paid for my kit :thumbdown:

Hi,

phase 1:

plenum spacer

sports cats

performance headers

performance exhaust

new clutch + lightened flywheel.

better brake pads

possibly suspension upgrades

I agree fit the above parts apart from the headers , totally waste of time I feel the stock headers work very very well we find especially when going S/C'ed , but we would supply a tuner S/C kit , this comes without any management or fuelling additions.

We then fit a return fuel system uprated pump , modify the fuel pump cradle , fit some Larger flowing injectors and remap the stock ECU. Worls so much better than the way HKS try to tune the fuel/igntion system.

If you email me at mark@abbeymotorsport.co.uk I will send you a quote.

Mark

Internals are not needed for a TT setup unless you plan to aim for big numbers, plenty of people in the UK & the US running 400whp on a stock block.

I'm selling up because now I can afford to insure a R34 gtr and I want to get one before I get old & have to settle down :D