Withdrawl...

s1xtyn1n3

Last wednesday, some inconsiderate idiot decided to not bother slowing down or stopping at a mini roundabout while i was turning right. He went straight into the side of me hitting the passenger side front wheel. Needless to say, I was pretty angry about this, but to make matters worse, he first said the accident was my fault and then after several witnesses told him he was wrong, he accused us all of being racist.

I don't think i'm going to have too much of a problem proving liability and claiming it off his insurance, including for the stiffness i've had in my neck and shoulder (which i guess is probably to be expected if you have a side on with someone going nearly 30mph).

Still, the good news is I was the only one in the car, and besides the neck/shoulder I'm ok which is what's important. My car however, may well not be. The repair centre deemed it worth getting a quote to fix rather than writing it off immediately, but there's still a good chance that could happen :(

To make matters worse, the courtesy car I was given is an '08 Chevrolet Matiz and it's the worst car I've ever driven! Everything is cheap and nasty - it's like driving a sponge powered by a rubber band.

Anyways, financially, I should be ok as I took out GAP insurance when I bought the car a year ago so that'll make up what the insurance co decide not to pay, it's just the pain of having spent money looking after it and the though of having to start looking for another... The good news is that if I do need to buy another, then I'll have about £13k so should have quite a few to pick from.

*sigh*

To make matters worse, the courtesy car I was given is an '08 Chevrolet Matiz and it's the worst car I've ever driven! Everything is cheap and nasty - it's like driving a sponge powered by a rubber band.

Thats bloody criminal!! We've been given a 520d BM! I'd be kicking right off!

Last wednesday, some inconsiderate idiot decided to not bother slowing down or stopping at a mini roundabout while i was turning right. He went straight into the side of me hitting the passenger side front wheel. Needless to say, I was pretty angry about this, but to make matters worse, he first said the accident was my fault and then after several witnesses told him he was wrong, he accused us all of being racist.

How on earth can you hit the passenger side of a car at a mini roundabout and it not be your fault?!? Sounds like a muppet!

I'm hoping my car can be repaired, but the damage to the suspension might mean that's not possible. If I do have to have to swap, I'm not sure if I should get another low mileage MY05 and have cheaper road tax and insurance or look for a MY06+ with the newer interior.... Either way it would have to be a GT again :)

I'm hoping my car can be repaired, but the damage to the suspension might mean that's not possible. If I do have to have to swap, I'm not sure if I should get another low mileage MY05 and have cheaper road tax and insurance or look for a MY06+ with the newer interior.... Either way it would have to be a GT again :)

You could go for a low mileage Roadster if you're looking for cheaper tax. From a quick autotrader search using a random Norwich postcode.

You could go for a low mileage Roadster if you're looking for cheaper tax. From a quick autotrader search using a random Norwich postcode.

31 mpg??? He's having a laugh... :surrender:

Not a fan of the roadster really so it'd need to be a coupe.

The things I'd definitely want would be:

MY05+ Coupe GT

UK car

Sub 45k

Any colour but silver or orange - sorry!

Black interior

Nice to haves but will probably have to do without:

Red or White - yes, rocking horse, I know :)

Rays (esp if they're the Nismo ones!)

Nismo body kit

I've not given it that much thought really, but that was essentially the list I worked with last time around.

who are you insured with? depends on who they send it to be repaired, some body shops have their own courtesy cars, my local has a fleet of 500's the shop that did my old MR2 had a fleet of Fiestas (god i hated that car) some don't and require the insurer to supply a courtesy car.

i know its nice to have a like for like car but don't forget that in doing so it costs alot of money, thhis also pushes up the cost and when added into the costs could possibly push the car into a write off. these kind of costs also push up everyones premiums.

I'm insured with Admiral at the moment. Frankly, I'm not fussed about switching the courtesy car - it does what I need it to do, just fancied a moan really :)

Admiral use Albany to cover the legal side of things, and should always provide a like for like car :wacko:

Admiral use Albany to cover the legal side of things, and should always provide a like for like car :wacko:

Yup, they've sorted me out with a new Eos 2.0TSI hard top convertible. Nice enough car - can't say I'm a big convertible fan (esp in Feb!), but it's certainly no zed :)