306hp vs 313hp

dvs

Hello :wave:

As mentioned in my welcome thread here I'm new to these parts and will in mere days be picking up my 'Z.

A curious discrepancy however in the performance figures, as my seller is convinced the car is 313hp B) (a number I've seen dotted around the place) however most "reputable" i.e. TV reviews / road tests and parkers figures show 306hp :shrug: for the HR engine (which this is).

So what's the real deal? Is there a 306hp HR and a 313hp HR? If it helps, the car is 2007 "GT" spec which, again, has the HR engine.

Dave

The reason you often see two different figures is because Nissan quote the power in metric (313 P.S) used on the continent. British figure is quoted as bhp which is a shade under 309. It's the same figure expressed in a different unit.

You say you have an HR, (twin air intakes, bonnet bulge) so the car is 313P.S or 309BHP depending on which figure you prefer. Obviously dealers and folk selling cars tend to quote the P.S figure as it 'appears' to be higher. Whether the car has been tested in a review and found to be 'only' 306 is unlikely, probably just lazy research or confusion between units of measurement. :thumbs:

The reason you often see two different figures is because Nissan quote the power in metric (313 P.S) used on the continent. British figure is quoted as bhp which is a shade under 309. It's the same figure expressed in a different unit.

You say you have an HR, (twin air intakes, bonnet bulge) so the car is 313P.S or 309BHP depending on which figure you prefer. Obviously dealers and folk selling cars tend to quote the P.S figure as it 'appears' to be higher. Whether the car has been tested in a review and found to be 'only' 306 is unlikely, probably just lazy research or confusion between units of measurement. :thumbs:

early cars were found to be alot under the quoted BHP figure ;)

yeah was going to say the actual BHP for the cars were

276 bhp

298 bhp

309 bhp

people always quote the PS as BHP becuase it makes the cars sound better :lol:

Actually its this Rich :blush:;)

276 bhp

296 bhp

309 bhp

Well that's cleared that up :thumbs: It has the bonnet bulge so 309bhp :D

Some folk have changed bonnets. Only sure way to tell is if it has the duel intake engine underneath and redlines 500rpm higher than previous models @7500 on the dial. I'm sure it's fine, but you wouldn't want to get home and find out otherwise! ;)