Just bought a Rotax go kart :-D

M9O OEY

me and me mate from work have gone halves on a go kart :teeth: it's a2 stroke Rotax 125 cc, think it's about 30bhp but hell is it fast :drive1 We've got a track about 15 miles away, and intend to go to a few social track meetings, Tbh we thought about autograssing but decided with karting , as you can be competitive without chucking too much money at it :#1:

Anyone else into karting ? Hope this will stop my itch to take the z on a track day that's the plan anyway :thumbs:

ATB

M9O OEY

Havnt picked it up yet but will in the wk and then I'll put up some pictures, test drove it today and agreed on a price like I said wow is it quick prob only has a top speed of 60-70 , depends how it's geared tbh but ur so low to the ground and the acceleration seems so quick. Def a cheap way of driving experience and if I make a mistake the repairs are a lot less :thumbs:

Good to here someone is into karting, the rotax is a good kart. Very reliable, 50- 60 hour between rebuilds, I used to do a lot of karting, to the point of racing in the British camps, if you have have questions on set up or problems I'd be happ to help, a great sport, just remember to mix the fuel!!!!

Great hobby. I'm sure you'll love it.

Here was mine at Lubbock, Texas 1966. A Hornet Marauder, made in Texas, with 2 Westbend 125cc engines, 3 carburetors on each running on a nitro methane fuel mixture. Brakes hydraulic, finned magnesium alloy front and twin discs rear. Two 6.5 gallon fuel tanks. Top speed on this circuit ( over 5 miles long) was 142 mph and I wasn't the fastest.

LubbockTexas.jpg]