B&Q made me chuckle today

Matt L

been to 2 shops today for the same thing (a 3.6m pole) and well... no matter how hard you try its never going to fit in a zed... so i go to find a assistant as firstly both poles that were there were bent so i wanted to know if they had more in stock and secondly to see if they had the facility to cut them down to the size i need (3 x 1m and 2 x 30cm poles) to which he goes, they only have the ones out on the shelf in but we'll discount them down for you if you still want them which is fair enough but as for cutting they said that we dont but the other store (around 6miles away if not further) do.

so i leave the first store thinking they have plenty of the poles in last time i went (sunday) and this will all be a breeze...

arrive, find the poles and find an assistant and this is where the lolz are to be had, the conversation went a bit like this...

me -excuse me, you see those poles is they are never going to fit in a car, so is there anyway that you can cut them down to the size i need?

a - no sorry we only cut wood

me - so how can i get it home as its definatly not fitting in a car.

a - well... you could cut it yourself or get it delivered.

me - (stupidly thinking they would have a small area safe enough to do this) do you have anywhere i could cut it then?

a - yeah the car park.

me - ok then how much is delivery?

a - £20

me - :lol:z seriously?

a - yeah unless you spend £250 in which case its free.

me - *walks off*

its probably more amusing when you're there but still £20 to deliver a £30 pole :| im sure it would be cheaper to get a courier company to go and pick it up for me.

errm... yeah thats about as exciting as my afternoon off has been.

cutting in the carpark for the win!

No no no. Cut it in the shop. Use one of the saws of the shelf and when your done, pop it back again ;)

:lol::lol: that's gotta be worth a go, In fact I would ask for a demo of the "power tools"... oh and here is a pole to test it on :lol: .. much more fun B)

cutting in the carpark for the win!

No no no. Cut it in the shop. Use one of the saws of the shelf and when your done, pop it back again ;)

:lol::lol: that's gotta be worth a go, In fact I would ask for a demo of the "power tools"... oh and here is a pole to test it on :lol: .. much more fun B)

flol that would be epic :lol:.

im going to have to resort to the cutting in the car park tomorrow me thinks.