call of duty : black ops, map pack

Husky

Black Ops suffers just the same as every other CoD multiplayer has.

Unless you are on a full team of friends, when playing objective based games (capture the flag, domination, headquarters etc etc), you will always get half the players on a team not bothering with the objective and just camping going for kills.

It leads to much frustration, much hair pulling and language which Im surprised Ive not been banned of xbox live for.

To solve this in my view would be very simple. Give lots of XP points for achieving the objectives, and not so much for just being on the winning team (as the campers then prosper from other peoples determination to win).

Say 1000 xp for a flag, domination or headquarters capture and a minimal xp score just for kills. If you camp in an area that is further than X distance away from an objective (spawn killing campers etc) you become permanently visible on the map regardless of whether you have ghost perk on or not.

Force people to actually play the objective based games as they were intended rather than just racking up hundreds of kills while your teammates who are actually trying to go for the objective get beaten and dont get as much XP even though they were actually tring to play it properly.

Unfortunately other than team deathmatch and private matches/gun games etc, unless you are in a with a full group of friends objective based multiplayer is pointless

Unless you are on a full team of friends, when playing objective based games (capture the flag, domination, headquarters etc etc), you will always get half the players on a team not bothering with the objective and just camping going for kills.

It leads to much frustration, much hair pulling and language which Im surprised Ive not been banned of xbox live for.

To solve this in my view would be very simple. Give lots of XP points for achieving the objectives, and not so much for just being on the winning team (as the campers then prosper from other peoples determination to win).

Say 1000 xp for a flag, domination or headquarters capture and a minimal xp score just for kills. If you camp in an area that is further than X distance away from an objective (spawn killing campers etc) you become permanently visible on the map regardless of whether you have ghost perk on or not.

Force people to actually play the objective based games as they were intended rather than just racking up hundreds of kills while your teammates who are actually trying to go for the objective get beaten and dont get as much XP even though they were actually tring to play it properly.

Unfortunately other than team deathmatch and private matches/gun games etc, unless you are in a with a full group of friends objective based multiplayer is pointless

IN THE FACE!!!! :lol:

so what happens if u are going for the objectives and you are getting 50 - 60 kills a game ? do u get crap points for the kills still?

and in most objective based games it is a good idea to camp to protect your flag/ area from being captured or blown up, after all it is a team game and different roles are required hence the array of guns for different situations...

So. Yesterday I buy a PS3 as Im a little fed up of my X-Brick.

Some friends convince me to buy Black-Ops too.

Now, I aint played a FPS online in years, in fact Counter Strike on the PC was the last one.

And guess what.....F*^"*"^g chicken S**t Campers!

Nothing changed in the 7 or 8 years since I last played online.

Grrrrr

so what happens if u are going for the objectives and you are getting 50 - 60 kills a game ? do u get crap points for the kills still?

and in most objective based games it is a good idea to camp to protect your flag/ area from being captured or blown up, after all it is a team game and different roles are required hence the array of guns for different situations...

Quite honestly it is almost impossible to get 50/60 kills in one game whilst also going for the objective. The only possibility of this is if you are guarding an already achieved objective, or indeed camping and waiting for someone else to do the objective. That just results in an Somebody, Everybody and Nobody situation.

Everybody assumes Somebody is going to complete the objective, as Everybody is content that they can rack up monster kill numbers while Somebody does the hard work and gets only the minimal points for the objective, and in reality, Nobody is going for the objective.

The way I see it working would be getting higher points for kills near an achieved objective.

i.e. guarding a friendly domination point - kills = normal 50 per kill.

overlooking a domination point which is vacant - points per kill is minimal, as thats just camping for kills and not going toward objective.

Capture the flag - points per kill while protecting your flag = normal. points per kill while within range of enemy flag = higher, capturing flag = higher still. If your flag has already been taken, then any kills in your flags spawn area while its missing are given minimal points, as you are clearly just camping waiting for enemy to come back.

How many times have you played a headquarters game and ended up on a team losing losing something like 190 to 0, and the winning team just dont capture the last headquarters. Instead they camp round it and just go for kills instead.

Another solution would be to ensure that the minimum match bonus awarded to the lowest player on the winning team was at least higher than the person on the losing team with the most kills.

i.e. if a player on the losing team was just going for kills and ignoring the objectives got 100 kills at 50 points each, then the match bonus for the lowest player on the winning team (the team who actually went for the objectives) was at least 5000.

Mind you, the points scoring system would then be more complex than the simple "more kills gets ya more points y'all" and the Americans would moan like hell as they struggle to understand anything more complex than that in video games.

So. Yesterday I buy a PS3 as Im a little fed up of my X-Brick.

Some friends convince me to buy Black-Ops too.

Now, I aint played a FPS online in years, in fact Counter Strike on the PC was the last one.

And guess what.....F*^"*"^g chicken S**t Campers!

Nothing changed in the 7 or 8 years since I last played online.

Grrrrr

:lol::lol::lol:

i used to play CSS and hadnt picked one up until COD. Campers are arses but then so am I, i was a noob tuber in MW2, in BO im the arse hole with 200 rounds in an M60 light machine gun shooting through the walls :lol:

I prefer to throw smoke in front of campers on my own team. Smoke + Scavenger Pro = very annoyed camper.

Or with Black ops you can be even more cruel with camping snipers on your own team. Decoy + Scavenger = annoyed ghillie. :lol: They either eventually get the point, ore more often than not - leave.

I prefer to throw smoke in front of campers on my own team. Smoke + Scavenger Pro = very annoyed camper.

Or with Black ops you can be even more cruel with camping snipers on your own team. Decoy + Scavenger = annoyed ghillie. :lol: They either eventually get the point, ore more often than not - leave.

thats brilliant, going to do that haha