Foxsat HDR

Daryl

Im looking at buying a Foxsat HDR in the next week or so. I want the Freesat over the Freeview. Im curious though,iv heard that you can easily upgrade the hard drives yourself. Iv got the choice of the 320gb and the 500gb versions. Just wondered if its worth the extra £100 for the 500gb,or just get the 320 and upgrade to 1TB if i need to at some point soon.

I got one of these when they were first released about 3 years - best thing I ever did :thumbs: Our Sony TV has Freeview built in but rarely use it - mainly for the Dave channel.

Saved £40 a month going into Sky's coffers, which to my mind is way over-priced unless you perhaps are big footie fan. Humax paid for itself in less than a year and were able to use the sky dish, so no extra cost there.

We have the original 320gb hard drive and record quite a lot and yet I have have not seen in excess of 20% of hard disk useage. So, for example, if you want to record all the FI qualifying and races over the year - no problem ;)

I got one of these when they were first released about 3 years - best thing I ever did :thumbs: Our Sony TV has Freeview built in but rarely use it - mainly for the Dave channel.

Saved £40 a month going into Sky's coffers, which to my mind is way over-priced unless you perhaps are big footie fan. Humax paid for itself in less than a year and were able to use the sky dish, so no extra cost there.

We have the original 320gb hard drive and record quite a lot and yet I have have not seen in excess of 20% of hard disk useage. So, for example, if you want to record all the FI qualifying and races over the year - no problem ;)

plus one :thumbs:

Completely agree with you we have a Humax HD Foxsat box with 320gb storage i beleive. And it is best thing we ever did, (we couldnt get normal TV as place we were renting had no ariel but it did have a dish, we considered sky then heard about these)

Well worth the money, we havent ever run out of space and the GF has loads and loads on series link, as long as you watch the stuff then deleate its fine.

Also it now has Iplayer although this is probably one of the not so great features as its a little slow in loading (not due to broadband but software)

Couldnt recomend more!

Got Humax myself but really the spiderbox in the link below is the dogs bollox ;) You can add any external hardrive you want via usb. These will get all your freesat channels plus potentially loads more. :)

Got the 9000 myself. The world is your oyster with one of these. :thumbs:

http://69.46.27.82/~alsatoff/shop/index ... 1&Itemid=1

http://69.46.27.82/~alsatoff/shop/index ... t&Itemid=1

Il probably get the 320gb version then,and potentially upgrade it later if needs be. The only stipulation from Estelle is that it has the series record feature,so iv got free rein on everything else. Found a good deal on one,so will get it ordered over the weekend.

Iv currently got a Foxsat HD,and cant rate it enough,other than it not being able to record,its perfect.

So what channels can you receive with one of these Dave?

Thousands Wayne if used in conjuction with a motorised dish. So basically my set-up use's approx 32 different satellite positions over europe. I am currently on Thor at 0.8 west which serves mainly Scandanavia. All genre of channels are available. :)

This is a Norwegian broadcast.

Thousands Wayne if used in conjuction with a motorised dish. So basically my set-up use's approx 32 different satellite positions over europe. I am currently on Thor at 0.8 west which serves mainly Scandanavia. All genre of channels are available. :)

How much to set up if you don't mind me asking?

How much to set up if you don't mind me asking?

You have pm Wayne ;)