Suggest us some wheels!

ben@RARE RIMS

I think you should be looking into stocking weds wheels mates! They have a lovely few wheels going these days. :thumbs:

As good as that sounds in theory, the amount of people that want them compared with the amount of people that would actually buy them is wildly different.

We bought in a selection of the Varrstoen wheels, each offset combination in 19" only, 2 designs, only in flat black. That was something like 50 wheels as a tester...

I think maybe 2 sets have been sold... We want to distribute them to our dealers, but the dealers find them too expensive, and wont stock them themselves either.

They're maybe 15% more pricey than Rota.

Weds will be twice the price, I just cant see people actually buying them :(

Rota are teetering on the edge of doing forged wheels I believe, if/when they do it, we will likely get some more crazy designs like you can get with starting with a forged billet and machining them out :) Until such a time as a sensibly priced wheel in those designs is possible, I cant see anybody buying any, and if they ask for some, it'll be on-off specials, and they'll want to be unique, due to the costs.

If you'd like Weds, I can get quotes by all means, we have contacts with many companies as we supply all sorts of people :) Give me some designs / and fitments for what you'd like, and I'll grab you a quote :)

I think you should be looking into stocking weds wheels mates! They have a lovely few wheels going these days. :thumbs:

As good as that sounds in theory, the amount of people that want them compared with the amount of people that would actually buy them is wildly different.

We bought in a selection of the Varrstoen wheels, each offset combination in 19" only, 2 designs, only in flat black. That was something like 50 wheels as a tester...

I think maybe 2 sets have been sold... We want to distribute them to our dealers, but the dealers find them too expensive, and wont stock them themselves either.

They're maybe 15% more pricey than Rota.

Weds will be twice the price, I just cant see people actually buying them :(

Rota are teetering on the edge of doing forged wheels I believe, if/when they do it, we will likely get some more crazy designs like you can get with starting with a forged billet and machining them out :) Until such a time as a sensibly priced wheel in those designs is possible, I cant see anybody buying any, and if they ask for some, it'll be on-off specials, and they'll want to be unique, due to the costs.

If you'd like Weds, I can get quotes by all means, we have contacts with many companies as we supply all sorts of people :) Give me some designs / and fitments for what you'd like, and I'll grab you a quote :)

Well if you dont bother to call people back and sell em cheaper on ebay, I guess your not going to sell many.

Really?

No offense intended, but you quoted me a price on the Varrstoen wheels via pm on here which was more than your charging on ebay....?

Same here and when I enquirer through eBay you were happy to do offsets at same price.

Then was quoted more through forum.

After more pm's, never got back to me.

If you'd like them, I'll gladly do the ebay price with some freebies by way of an apology.

I dont do our ebay, one of my colleagues does, and has clearly ballsed up, but I will be glad to right any wrongs however I can!

They only come in black, so any other colours cost more. Also ebay I dont think has been adjusted for VAT, making it even more wrong now...

Again, no offense intended, but this, coupled with your quote on Rota GTRs being over £100 more expensive that other companies I've spoken to has put me off using rare rims a little.

Thanks for at least trying to right the wrong though.

We're the UK distributor for Rota Wheels. We supply every dealer in the UK, and we set the prices. We have to stick to the set prices, although in the case of owners clubs we offer a 10% discount.

Some of our dealers have a strange idea about pricing, and literally make no profit :( We cant grasp quite why they do it, they quote people very low, which appears great, right up until something goes wrong, and they cant afford to put it right, or you have technical questions, which invariable get sent straight to me, and you get my answers forwarded back to you, but with delays.

The GTR-D wouldn't actually exist if we hadn't asked for it and ordered it in...

Most definately, completely appreciate what your saying, I just thought the differences wouldn't be so big.

(Just taking into account what you said about 10%, so assuming the price you quoted me was 10% discount from your normal prices, the difference becomes nearly £200, and thats not taking into account the varr wheels we mentioned previously).

Anyway, not to worry, at least its answered a few questions I had.

Cheers,

I would have quoted I would think @ 10%. Different dealers get their own discounts, I guess some are happy not to make anything. We HAVE to stick to the pricing that we set, otherwise we wouldn't have any dealers ;)

Varrstoens we have to pay a huge amount more for the wheels, hence the comparitive lack of discount :(

If you'd like them, I'll gladly do the ebay price with some freebies by way of an apology.

I dont do our ebay, one of my colleagues does, and has clearly ballsed up, but I will be glad to right any wrongs however I can!

They only come in black, so any other colours cost more. Also ebay I dont think has been adjusted for VAT, making it even more wrong now...

Really appreciate the offer, unfortunatley have already ordered elsewhere.

It's not so much the price that bothers me, a few quid here and there is not the issue.

I have been in contact with several wheel suppliers as I was looking at various options and had lots of questions.

The problem is communication, every one else came back to me within hours, USA included. Why does a company in the UK on the same time frame take so long to answer questions?

Hope you dont mind the feedback, I know you have a lot of satisfied customers.

Generally communication is very good, I guess when putting up a thread like this it was inevitable. None of the people who happily have wheels from us, with no issues, and that arrived next day have piped up, which is nice :p

I have many many PMs on many forums, all are answered pretty much right away! Sometimes I pick them up out of hours, so they slip my mind by the next day, or the Monday if I pick them up over the weekend.

In rarerims defence, I enquired recently about a price on some alloys and got a speedy response. Even though they didn't stock the particular wheel I was after, they pointed in the direction of a competitor that did.

I know there have been a few members on here very happy with the service they have received off this member trader" At the end of the day, errors happy in all sectors from time to time - its how you deal with them thats important. I think an offer of the cheaper price along with some freebies to apologise was a fai gesture from rarerims.

Just my 2p.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...