Going to view a 350z - what shall i look for?

sl114

I have done a seach but i cant seem to find anything about this. What are the key things to look out for etc with a used 350z?

I am going to view one of Friday and i would like to know what to look for? Its a 2005 so still has warrenty (for what they are worth) and azure blue. Shall i look out for squeeky bits, tyres, paint work, dented alloys etc...?

Any help would be great, thanks all

That age car, which will still be under makers warranty, the main thing to look for is accident damage/poor paintwork.. plus the usual systems check..

Clicky rear axles , window operation,tyre wear, :thumbs:

Thats cool then, i am having a friend do a HPI check now on it, so i will see what that brings back up, but they are a dealer too and they may (fingers crossed) take my car as PX for it. I am praying that they do as i am finding it hard to shift it still.

I have done a seach but i cant seem to find anything about this. What are the key things to look out for etc with a used 350z?

I am going to view one of Friday and i would like to know what to look for? Its a 2005 so still has warrenty (for what they are worth) and azure blue. Shall i look out for squeeky bits, tyres, paint work, dented alloys etc...?

Top of the list for me would be quality of paintwork - swirl marks and chips etc. I effing hate swirl marks on any car - the less there are is a good measure of whther the owner knows how to look after and care for his/her car. Following on from this are the obvious - stone chips on bonnet/front spoiler - although this could be considered normal for Z as we know. Other obvious pointers - rev engine and have someone looking at exhaust to see if blue smoke is coming out as it might be burning more oil than petrol!

All the niggly warranty issues can be found in FAQ section - which should not worry you as they can be sorted out under warranty.

Hope this helps-im sure someone will come along with other advice

G

Top of the list for me would be quality of paintwork - swirl marks and chips etc. I effing hate swirl marks on any car - the less there are is a good measure of whther the owner knows how to look after and care for his/her car. Following on from this are the obvious - stone chips on bonnet/front spoiler - although this could be considered normal for Z as we know. Other obvious pointers - rev engine and have someone looking at exhaust to see if blue smoke is coming out as it might be burning more oil than petrol!

All the niggly warranty issues can be found in FAQ section - which should not worry you as they can be sorted out under warranty.

Hope this helps-im sure someone will come along with other advice

G

Excellent, thanks for that buddy, good advice on the swirl marks, i never thought of that either to test how well someone looks after their car

If a car has remaining warranty, then I would steer clear of checking the major mechanicals and look for stuff that won't be covered anyway. I don't actually remember lifting the bonnet before I bought mine :D (not that you'd see anything!)

Clutches for example. Try engaging 6th at a low speed and floor it, checking for signs of rising revs corresponding (or not!) with rising speed.

Swirl marks and paint chips are a top tip - these deffo ain't covered:) Chips may buy you bartering points.

I'd also check the tyres out too, as you wouldn't want to shell out for a new motor, and then have to shell out for new rubber - that wouldn't be a good day out!

You could also check the side of the drivers seat (right side) as this gets serious wear and does tend to fall to bits. As far as I know this is not covered, although I do recall one or two successful claims...

They are reasonably bulletproof, so I wouldn't worry. A mate of mine bought an Alfa 147 last year, and the crap that he's been though is considerable...

The car i was going to see is now sold :thumbdown: Im very sad.

I have decided to look at dealers now so that they can PX my current car, but i may have to fork up some more money as i know i wont get the full price i wanted for my car as if i sold privatly.

I have decided to look at dealers now so that they can PX my current car, but i may have to fork up some more money as i know i wont get the full price i wanted for my car as if i sold privatly.

what a bummer :dry: nothing worse than getting dissapointed.. never mind plenty more out there :thumbs:

what a bummer :dry: nothing worse than getting dissapointed.. never mind plenty more out there :thumbs:

exactly, just annoying, but maybe they can source something else for me. I just phoned a dealership is south london who have a 2004 gunmetal going and they are calling me back with details on a ball park figure for my current car. Fingers crossed there.

Thats what I ended up doing, couldnt shift my car at all and ended up paying slightly more for a car.