Cost Of Second Service

Leenx

What price should I be looking at for cost of second service? Have read the FAQ section but it seems to be missing prices for southern regions? Been quoted £150 - this reasonable? Also how much would I save roughly if I supplied my own oil? is this worth considering?

Cheers

What price should I be looking at for cost of second service? Have read the FAQ section but it seems to be missing prices for southern regions? Been quoted £150 - this reasonable? Also how much would I save roughly if I supplied my own oil? is this worth considering?

Cheers

Ive been quoted £320 and £225 from my two nearest Nissan stealers. Take £40-50 off for supplying your own oil and filter (filter - why not! you can get one for 4.99 and you can gaurantee that it will be fitted)!

G

That's a lot! As I said I've been quoted £140 and thought that was at best reasonable! Guess it's cheaper if you don't go via Nissan? By the way what oil and filter should I supply as your reccomendation? So if I supply these myself I should save a fair amount??

Thanks

That's a lot! As I said I've been quoted £140 and thought that was at best reasonable! Guess it's cheaper if you don't go via Nissan? By the way what oil and filter should I supply as your reccomendation? So if I supply these myself I should save a fair amount??

Thanks

How muc money you got and how much do you care for your car??!!

I bought Amsoil 5w30 because it is good stuff but expensive if you buy from wrong place. Others swear on Motul 5w30 as well. Halfrauds do castrol semi-synthetic which others also swear by. Speak to www.opieoils.co.uk they do some great offers and there may be a club discount in place.

G

Any one recommend a dealer around the midlands area?

Mine's due it's second service in a couple of weeks, and I've phoned around a few and yet are getting quotes £250+

Holdcroft said £260 but guess would get 20% forum discount, and another dealer quoted over £300!

If it's that sort of price differences then I'll travel a bit, seems dealers round me are taking the micky.

Don't know about the midlands mate, but up here is Scotland it definitely pays to avoid the cities.

I was quoted about £190 in Edinburgh, and £140 in Livingston which is about 15 miles away. I asked why ( same chain of dealers ) and was told it was down to higher business rates in the cities meant their hourly rate was much higher.

Took my own oil and ended up paying about £110. :teeth:

Gus