Cubby Hole Monitor ?

M9O OEY

Hi all

Im thinking of doing a simple cheap mod to add a reversing camera and monitor for the cubby hole. For when the mrs borrows the car :headhurt: What id really like to know is has anyone bought a monitor thats a easy fit into the cubby hole. I know a 7" is the ideal size but has anyone bought a screen off fleebay that fits easily into the cubby without to much modding. All i require is video input :thumbs:

Many Thanks :teeth:

if its the older style dash then its pretty easy to fit i think, Pm Nurrish, I have facelift dash and having much difficulty getting a surround to fit. Lilliput seems to be the most popular and on ebay at very good prices.

when i did research into it all, it seems dead simple only problem is you need to buy the dash that normal would host the satnav in order for the screen to be fully visable etc.. and then a new blocking pannel. Trouble is only one place still sells them and they hold a premium of around £150 which seemed like a rip off.

(this is even if you have a prefacelift model)

Unless you find another way....

Second link doesnt work for me, but sounds interesting, i think trouble is it makes it difficult to see if its really far back in the cubby dont it?

Also with the lilliput screens they have the cable inputs at the sides.... so wouldnt work...i dont think...

Again im by no means an expert but i did do quite a bit or research into it all..

Im not sure how the cubby works but mine was a straight replacement for a JDM sat nav system which I simply removed, the inputs etc are at the side put with a little soldering/fiddling it is quite easy to modify

The second link is simply a finishing trim

TBH iv been lookin at a £30-40 7"monitor on the bay and buying a cheap reversing camera that mounts on the numberplate light for about £20. Recon I can get it done for about 70 including extra cable length. My main problem will be gettin the monitor to be a good fit :headhurt:

:thumbs: