WOO HOO!!!! A Working boot!

slimjim

Just got my struts back from SGS

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/pages/regassing-service

Not going to have my head chopped off by the boot slamming on it now! :yahoo:

Good turn around, sent them off on Thursday, they arrived on Tuesday. Only got round to adding them on today...

Would recommend the service. Boot opens with ONE TOUCH now... not FIVE :D

They were going to replace mine if there were not in decent nick.

So they have the ability to replace and therefor upgrade. but I think the way the boot opens will hold you back.

The position of the struts means they help keep it closed when it is closed. (If you see what I mean)

Yes it is very heavy.... it's 3 times the weight, if not more of my carbon (with glass).

I'd say the glass is a 3rd of the weight of the boot. The carbon boot itself with no glass is featherweight....

My tailgate doesn't lift itself so that when I open the catch I then have to lift the hatch separately. I take it this is common then?!

Also one of the little springs on mine is bent (about £30 from Nissan each!!!)

Is this caused by old struts or just how they were from new? Bit frustrating although mines never tried to eat me yet! :lol:

Its easy enough to lift so they're obviously working its just a bit irritating having to hold the catch with one hand then lift hatch with other

especially when putting heavy stuff in boot. Its probably the little springs then not the struts. Tried penny trick to no effect! :bang:

Just one of those things I can live with but would like to sort really! Carbon tailgates bit out of budget!

Hi all,

I've also just had struts back from SGS...

Original plan was for a regas (same as slimjim In think), but after SGS regassed and tested the struts next day, they'd lost pressure again (good service from SGS - they retested before posting them back to me). Ended up paying the extra for new struts from SGS - they offered specific ones depending on the spoiler fitted, and were very reasonable. All-in, about £60. Like jim said - ideally it's a two person jopb putting them back on... crikey that boot lid is heavy!

Called in person to GSG this morning as i dont live to far away. They checked the presure before regassing. The standard struts should have been 400 PSI but was only reading 320. Regassed to 500PSI which is 25% above the standard. Regassing took 5 mins and the staff were very knowledgable on how much presure was needed for different spoilers Nismo, VS, etc. highly recomended. :#1::#1::#1:

Mine still fouls the catch and needs a second button press, and that's even after news struts from SGS, the penny trick (I used tap washers) and I even removed the weight too. Without wishing to hijack this thread................ HELP! :blush::)

Mine still fouls the catch and needs a second button press, and that's even after news struts from SGS, the penny trick (I used tap washers) and I even removed the weight too. Without wishing to hijack this thread................ HELP! :blush::)

The wiper motor is heavy as well. ;) (grommets from halfrauds)

Ouch... Somethings gotta be wrong with your hinge bud...

Will have another go this weekend, if it ever stops raining :boat::thumbs:

Ouch... Somethings gotta be wrong with your hinge bud...

Grommets? Am I missing something? :wacko:

I think he means... take the wiper motor out and put a grommet it :-)

That's not for me, who does he think I am - Wasso :lol::lol:

I think he means... take the wiper motor out and put a grommet it :-)