Newbie and potential buyer.

GMC

Also I'm assuming the OP is the same guy on the RX8 owners club?

:thumbs:

I know it's all down to personal preference, but IMO the 350Z is the better car all round. Similar running costs, better performance and better reliability in the Zed. I'm also not a fan of the RX8OC forum, this place seems a bit more relaxed and impartial.

Before I go off on my usual rant about people slating the RX8, I just want to say something about that dealer....

....AVOID!

They are difficult in the extreme to deal with, never returning calls, and generally taking 3 times longer than any other dealer to arrange anything.

That said, if you decide to get the car, be sure it is 100% before you hand over any cash, as you dont want to be having to keep going back there to get things

I know what you mean. I bought my last car from there and their customer service is terrible. I vowed I would never by a car from them again...................but I may be able to make an exception.

this car has been on that for court for years mate when i first seen it up was about 2 year ago they just move it around every so often , i viewed it before i bought mine and every thing looked spot on with it and all service history was there but when i asked to test drive it he made excuses like it had no petrol in so i would have to come back another day ( which didnt seem right to me) and is abit strange saying as it is literaly next door to a petrol station , the young sales man is a d*@k to put it Politely ther is no help or even interest other than to rip you of your money .

sorry if this sound like a rant but i tell it how it was with me and this is based on my experiance with them , if i was you i would go to a differnet branch and ask to see it away from them as all they do is give you as much sales patter as possable his best one was (the last owener used to measure the gaps in the body pannel it was that well looked after) which quite frankly no one would do for any reason other than crash or if you lining up after market mods ,

give me a pm one day and i would pop down with you to see if they try the same crap with you as they did with me, other than that i hope you have better customer service than i did . good luck :thumbs:

ps message me if you want more details & sorry i cant give you a better assessment of the car

I know their reputation for customer service and bullshitting customers, the salesman gave me the usual crap "well we've got someone coming to look at it in the morning who is probably gonna buy it, so if you want it I would decide now"

How did the car seem to you though, a good buy?

The car looked genuinely in good nick and I couldn't find any tell tale sign's of it having an abused past , engine look very clean, no oil on the floor under Neath engine , checked suspension which felt good , disks looked new , gear stick felt tight and pedals felt right , no signs of rust think it only had one stone chip on front bumper ,

But didnt get to start it or drive it so didn't get to test engine properly and didn't get a true feel for the car once moving mate

I drove it, and although my knowledge is extremely limited, it sounded sweet and drove well. I don't understand why they wouldn't let you drive it. Even by their standards, that's pretty weird. I'll drop you a pm mate.

Pm received and replied to , well that's what I thought mate :shrug:

Have they constantly kept phoning you ? And pressurising u with sale crap?

They've only rang me once. To say that the other person who was coming to look at it, didn't buy it. Surprise, surprise!

Theres a few up the silver link and one on felling bypass if u want to have a look at the before making ur mind up on just one , just give me a text when u no what u want to do mate

I will do mate, I'll be in touch tomorrow. Cheers.

I bought my car off this dealer.they do give you the same shite all the time i was 22 when i got mine and they didn't even give me a second look when i went in there but i do look about 18 so i'm used to that :p They gave my the same @*!# about the previous owner i decided to bypass there sales reps who for the main part where complete d*&ks and just dealt with the manager who was an alright bloke, for a big dealership. got them down a little on price and up on my old mr2 part ex so by the time i'd finished i didn't do to bad, they give you a 3 month warentee and after that i just dealt with a different nissan branch (darlington) as it's closer and they're better people.

They will let you drive the car but you might have to arrange for a time for it to be done, which is a ball ache tbh. I think they struggle to shift zeds there, they had mine in a few months which got the price down a good chunk imagine people around teh area could struggle with costs and a most likley put off by sales reps. Just tell the rep you know what the crack is stop the bullshit etc and they can budge on price lol i wouldnt deal with them in any other way except for buying and even then they can be rubbish.

But if the cars good and you can get a good price, why not. Oh also when i talked to the manager he said he usual nocks a few k off a car just to sell it, but again thats probs just manager bullsh*t