Newbie Z owner - first post

northernmunkeh

:yahoo:

anyway had the car a week now - its a 54 plate in azure blue with gt pack, and rays, and its done just over 15000 miles

first week of ownership has been brilliant apart from a few niggles that I have been searching and reading about all day on here .. :surrender:

Anyway list of faults so far:

Drivers window - when raising it all the way in one go using the second postion click, the window will go all the way to the top so it is fully closed, but then on its own accord will wind down to halfway open?????

handbrake needs an almighty pull going through allmost all of the position clicks to get the car to stop rolling backwards.. known issue will get it looked at dealers

Massive amounts of vibration/noise/rattle through gearstick when reving from 4k to 6.6k. the tone of the vibration/rattle can be changed by putting slight pressure on the gearstick... not sure if this is expected from the rather harsh drive train?

Gearbox - synchromesh problems when going from 4th to 6th mainly but seems to occur more often when doing a quick change to 6th gear. known issue - will have to get it to the dealers for warrenty work on gearbox

I bought this car from an "approved nissan dealership" which from my problems means jack @*!# in all honesty :angry:

was meant to be valeted aswell but I've spent a few days at least getting it looking like it should have, but have now seen a few dings on rear bumper and light scratches all over paintwork - looks like its been through 4578437234 car washes..

rant over... :wacko:

Bought a luggage net and tonneua cover for it, didnt like having the boot on show and just ordered a bluetooth adaptor from mr.f :)

dealer was shocking to be honest

and the dealer isnt local either :( I guess my local one will take a look though?

any thoughts on the massive vibrations through the gearstick when reving it?

hopefully it will get sorted along with the syncro problem?... to be frank I would have thought that if they dont sort it out to your satisfaction. in quick time. that you would have a case for a refund!

Will give them a ring in the morning and see if they will take a look.

oh well lesson learnt for being a bit too eager :(

Nah luck of the draw ;) difficult to find faults untill you''ve drove a car a day or two.. I think you have been very unlucky :)

well gave it some welly tonight and it seems to have cured the rattling gear stick somewhat, hardly noticeable now and more in line with just feeling the vibrations rather than hearing them.

think I've got gremlins in the electrics though... when I could eventually get the key to turn in the ignition slot... some reason it wouldnt budge, wipers started all by them self..

have i bought a vampire motor 350z car? :rant:

:D

cheers for the replies so far, and I don't moan all the time.... honest :blush:

just trying to get it right as it should be :D

well gave it some welly tonight and it seems to have cured the rattling gear stick somewhat, hardly noticeable now and more in line with just feeling the vibrations rather than hearing them.

think I've got gremlins in the electrics though... when I could eventually get the key to turn in the ignition slot... some reason it wouldnt budge, wipers started all by them self..

have i bought a vampire motor 350z car? :rant:

:D

cheers for the replies so far, and I don't moan all the time.... honest :blush:

just trying to get it right as it should be :D

The Zed's a great car but don't let that blind you to this one's problems. Like Lomoto said, if its a duffer reject it immediately - there's plenty more Zeds in the sea. :thumbs:

Oh, and welcome! :teeth:

hi and welcome

tobe honest my gearbox and drive train is fairly rattly but i have learned to live with it, definetly get the electrics checked though ( but goodluck with the dealer as mine is a chancer)

get some pics up !!

Drivers window - when raising it all the way in one go using the second postion click the window will go all the way to the top so it is fully closed, but then on its own accord will wind down to halfway open?????

Sounds like it just needs resetting, not sure of the procedure though. Possibly had a broken glass at some point and not set it properly. Try raising to the top (not on auto) hold the button down for 5 seconds then take it to the bottom and hold there for another 5.....Worth a shot.

Guest prescience

Drivers window - when raising it all the way in one go using the second postion click the window will go all the way to the top so it is fully closed, but then on its own accord will wind down to halfway open?????

Sounds like it just needs resetting, not sure of the procedure though. Possibly had a broken glass at some point and not set it properly. Try raising to the top (not on auto) hold the button down for 5 seconds then take it to the bottom and hold there for another 5.....Worth a shot.

Pretty close :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=141

Had trouble with my driver side window, a bit like your problem. Took it in and they ordered new motor for it and fitted for free as a known problem that resetting will not sort out in long term. Must have a technical thing out for it! Good luck as zed worth sticking with as long as you get all niggles sorted asap through dealer before any warrenty is out. Agree with previous comment that you need to drive the zed for a few weeks before you notice all the faults. This forum is cool for bringing to light possible faults to look out for. Then keep getting it in the dealers (who to be fair in general, apart from Mr F and Holdcrofts, aren't that good). Keep smiling!!!! :teeth:

• 3 months later...

Althought the thread has been started a while ago, I really like your first post! None of the normal newbie questions were asked which can be easily found by searching. I wish every new member searched and read a lot before asking questions :)

(although it's not so bad on this one, the US forums are way worse)