Just bought me a 350z!

You'll not get any power gains from any of them as the ECU is self learnig and cancels it out.

Ehhhh

Could you explain the reasoning behind this please? :wacko:

The ECU is adaptive which means if you add something that alters to standard ECU mapping ie a zorst or a CAI the ECU allows the gains to happen for a small amount of time but then remaps itself to the standard settings and therefore cancels out any gains from mods. The only mod to increae gains would be a plenum, even then only slightly :thumbs:

MarkW wrote:

Welcome and the best colour as well

Is that an 05 model on an 06 plate?

It is, and as Sarnie already correctly identified :)

I took some heavy negative equity into the Z deal from my old car, so that was the only way I could get into one really, for 4.5k miles I saved myself £5K so a result really! :)

The ECU is adaptive which means if you add something that alters to standard ECU mapping ie a zorst or a CAI the ECU allows the gains to happen for a small amount of time but then remaps itself to the standard settings and therefore cancels out any gains from mods. The only mod to increae gains would be a plenum, even then only slightly :thumbs:

And how does that work in practice? How does it "detect" that you did something to improve the horsepower and how does it know how to downtune to get back to the standard hp??