A quick servicing question........

Cragus

As the car has been off the road for winter and turned 4 years old a few weeks ago, I have decided to give her the full works in terms of servicing. Then she will be treated to a massage with my new megs g220! :D

I am trying to get together a servicing list - here is what I have so far:

Spark plugs

Oil

Oil Filter

Magnetic Sump plug

Crush washer

Air filter cleaning oil

Brake fluid (I sttill have two bottles of Motul RBF - yasssss)

Gearbox oil

Diff Oil

Aux Belts

Power Steering fluid (install polished tank at last)

Coolant (install polished tank at last)

Am I missing anything? If anything needs adding let me know and if not what fluids/parts would you recommend?

Hon - I'd save your brake fluid - it can't have done that many miles since you did the lines - wasn't that just a few months back?

How about an engine flush too ? Then stick a magnetic sump plug in :thumbs:

I think perhaps the advice on the diff oil will be leave well alone - ditto the gearbox unless you're wanting to add some molyslip :) What's the mileage on yours?

Hey Vik - Thanks for the advice. Your right lines have not been in that long. Magnetic sump plug added to the list - didn't know anything about those? I take it by an engine flush you mean run an a ount of oil through it before putting the sump plug back in? As for the diff and gearbox oils why is it better not to change them - my mileage is around the 36k mark :blush::lol:

Thank you also Alex - is a crush washer for just an upgraded washer for the sump plug?

Jay - I plan to get everyting that I need and then head to The Garage in Motherwell. :thumbs:

Hey Vik - Thanks for the advice. Your right lines have not been in that long. Magnetic sump plug added to the list - didn't know anything about those? I take it by an engine flush you mean run an a ount of oil through it before putting the sump plug back in? As for the diff and gearbox oils why is it better not to change them - my mileage is around the 36k mark :blush::lol:

Thank you also Alex - is a crush washer for just an upgraded washer for the sump plug?

Jay - I plan to get everyting that I need and then head to The Garage in Motherwell. :thumbs:

You add a treatment to the oil (google Forte engine flush'), run engine for a bit and then change oil - it deep cleanses the engine and then if you've got a magnetic plug on any wee bits that are still floating around are drawn down.

Some recommend an engine flush at every service - some people don't think its worth it and believe it can cause problems by loosening any deposits that are in the engine. When I looked back at my service history I could see it had been done at every service - but I didn't do one until my fourth oil change simply because my oil gets done every 4k miles because of the track work I like to keep it clean.

Same with gearbox & diff oil - some people think they should be changed around five year mark some think best left alone. I had my gearbox oil done in hope for smoother cold transitions between 2nd gear. If I remember rightly this was what required a new crush washer as they shouldn't be re-used :thumbs: