is FWD really the spawn of the devil?

rtbiscuit

I like the look of the mark IV R32 but I've read in various places that the heavy V6 engine ruins the handling and a GTI is better. Although I think they stuck the GTI badge on a variety of cars for the Mark IV so you have to be sure to get a proper GTI.

I think the mk5 is supposed to drive a lot better than the mk4, but as you say you'll need to drive them to find out.

I've got a friend with a mito but the 155bhp one I think rather than the cloverleaf. He really likes it but the back isn't very comfortable (I am taller than average though which doesn't help) and I'm yet to read a glowing review about the way it drives.

Have you tried a renaultsport megane? They're supposed to be really good to drive.

Having a rumble with the 370 and RS on track in April, with a 1/4 miler Top Gear style drag, my friend seems confident it'll give the 370 a doing :boxing:

£50 to Help for Heroes from the looser though :#1:

Hope you've got that £50 ready ;)

You can match it if I win B)

If your looking for maximum available space in the car then I would recommend having a go in a Saab 95 Aero.

250-270BHP, lower insurance than the Z. They drop their value like a stone but the bonus of this is if you buy second hand you can get a 3 year old one or thereabouts for buttons and if it wasn't for the fact that I no longer needed the space I would still be driving one to this day.

Standard suspension is too soft for the performance but plenty of options in that area as well as tuning.

If that isn't a way out there suggestion I don't know what will :yahoo:

I bought a 95 Aero which was due it's very first MOT with 65k miles on it for £7,500!!! sold it when I bought the Zed 3 years later for £3k with 140k on it, only problem I had was headlights wouldn't turn off about 6 months before I sold it, only way I could get them off was pulling out the solenoid. Turned out wiring loom had came loose from bracket and rubbed away one of the wires to earth the headlights feed...