GT-RRRRRRRRRRR

D4V3 GT4

well i went to 2 nissan dealers this morning , west way birmingham knew nothing about it, one guy said it was only a concept and prob wouldn't be built :dry:

but i chose not to believe him and went to west way coventry , there was a guy there who seemed quite clued up about 350z and gtr having previously owned an R32

he sat me down and pointed me at this official nissan website

http://www.nissanusa.com/09gt-r/

he then said that the z was released in usa august 2002 , and in the uk in oct 2003 , going by these dates as a guide he predicted that it will be released mid 2009 :scare::scare::scare::scare::angry:

he said his dealership havn't recieved any info from nissan gb yet

Good thread!

Firstly, the Supra comment is correct. Toyota, despite pouring an astonishing amount into F1, have no sports offerings at all and have no plans for one in the future either. Only the Lexus LFA-1 is on the Toyota horizon. Madness, eh?

The noises from Nissan is that the new GT-R would get a simultaneous worldwide release because it will not be rebadged as an Infiniti in the US (which seems mad). Also, the £50K price estimate is almost definitely too low; I'd add about £15K - £20K to that.

I believe 32k in cash will get you a monaro vxr 500 from Greens (may be a few bob more) - 32k for a factory supported 500bhp bastard - 4 seats and a v8 growl. It even comes with its own chest wig and a years supply of brut

What about the bryl cream hagar?

I have an article at home from some mag with the designer. He wouldn't discuss the engine or the interior.

Last I read it was expected to be sold for about 70k. For me in Ireland that would convert incl tax to somewhere in the region of €150k or more.

I have to admit I do like it and want one. The sub 8 mins time on the ring is no surprise. If it didn't break 8 they'd have to redesign as the old GTR (Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nür) not only broke 8 but held the lap record for a road car for some time.

I haven't been this excited about a new car since the unobtainable Veron went into production.

I believe 32k in cash will get you a monaro vxr 500 from Greens (may be a few bob more) - 32k for a factory supported 500bhp bastard - 4 seats and a v8 growl. It even comes with its own chest wig and a years supply of brut

Off topic:

seriously not funny! For the following reason, I am at my sisters today for her birthday - no hair wax of any sort so go to local corner shop and all they have is bryl cream. I now stink like a OAP thats pi**ed their pants

Off topic:

seriously not funny! For the following reason, I am at my sisters today for her birthday - no hair wax of any sort so go to local corner shop and all they have is bryl cream. I now stink like a OAP thats pi**ed their pants

:lol::lol::lol:

Asked at the dealer today about price of this, said his colleague was taking deposits on them based on a price of 50K, but he thought he was mad because he anticipates it will be *alot* more as its "going after the 911 market" ( :yuck: ).

"What happens if the price comes in above 50K?" I ask.

"Guess we will have to give the deposits back! In reality we think its speculators just trying to get ahead in the queue so they can sell the deposit on at a higher price nearer the delivery date"

Might try this myself, I can sell the deposit on if I can, if I cant and the car is more than 50K they have to give me my money back anyway and if it isnt I might just have the GTR thankyou.

Need all this in writing mind.....

Just spoke to local stealer in Bradford and he says that there is no info currently available. In his words, Nissan are being very cagey and haven't even told them if it's going to be released over here.

He's going to call me as soon as he has any info or, more importantly are able to take deposits.

Nissan may well be targeting the 911 market, but if they charge 911 prices, I think they are mis-judging the market. I love my Zed, but the residuals on a Porsche will leave a Nissan owner looking pretty sick. The only way I would choose the Skyline is if it offers equal performance for lots less money - otherwise I'll take the Porsche residuals any day.

Two things I read about I didn't know before.....

It will only be available as an automatic.

It has some sort of all-wheel drive system but without a centre diff.

I do like he look and spec of it, but lets just put the power plant in the Z !!!

You are talking about the GT-R here aren't you?

Only reason I ask is that according to http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_new_car.php?sid=224&page=3 it will have either

the choice of a close ratio six-speed manual transmission or a newly developed double-clutch box with paddle shifters. No automatic is planned.