Window motor mostly dead

car350z

When I bought my Zed (2003 JDM) the driver side window did not work. So after some time now, I decided to have a look. Took off the plastic and unscrewed everything until I had the motor in my hands. I cleaned it according to the guide somewhere on the forum and re-connected it.

Now, the first switch action after connecting the motor works (i.e. I can see the motor work) but after releasing the switch, the motor refuses to work. No matter whether I press up or down, nothing happens. But when I take the motor out again, open and clean it and put it back together and connect it, it's the same thing again - first action works but as soon as I release, that's it.

Now I am quite unsure where the problem could be. Is it the switch or is it the motor? When operating the switch I hear the clicking noise inside the switch.

Also, and this is utterly embarassing, I forgot how to put the lifting mechanism (you know, that metal part with metal wires that do the actual lifting of the window) back in (the previous owner supposedly tried to repair it but screwed that up and bought a replacement). Is there a guide on how to put that back in?

Not sure which guide you have used but this one would appear to cover what you are asking?

But as Chris says, you might be better off getting a replacement motor and if you do buy one from either ZMANALEX or R35LEE I am sure if you ask nicely they will provide some verbal help in fitting what you purchase from them, if you get stuck ;)

• 11 months later...
My driver side window is now stuck down :(

And it's p!$$ing down

How would I know if its the motor or the whole thing that needs replacing?

@ZMANALEX, I may be in touch soon

Oli

Keep slamming it shut and pressing the up switch until it comes back up. If you can still grab the window wiggle it about as you press the up switch. :thumbs:

Tried that but didnt work unfortunately

Just had the AA man round with a set of pliers but no luck so have taken it to a friend who's stuck it in their garage. Not great

He thinks its the motor.

Is this what I need?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-NISSA ... 3f103fa788

Thanks

Yes thats what you need. Zman might be able to do you a better deal though :thumbs:

Door card off 1 million bolts and replace it. About 1hour to do I'd say. :thumbs:

My driver side window is now stuck down :(

And it's p!$$ing down

How would I know if its the motor or the whole thing that needs replacing?

@ZMANALEX, I may be in touch soon

Oli

Plenty in stock Oli :thumbs:

Good to go same/next day :thumbs:

You will have PM shortly.

Alex. :)