Intermittant internal heaters - HELP I'm COLD!!!!

quicksilver

Seem to be having a problems with the heaters in the car going hot and then back to cold. The blowers move to all positions and work fine but just keep going from hot back to cold!!!

Doe's the Z have some kind of sensor that regulates and maintains the cars temp?

I'm not sure where to start looking but if anyones had a similar problem with a solution it would be good to know.

Cheers

Matt

I had a problem with my heaters but they were permanently blowing full power. It turned out to be a loose connection of the wiring after the new gear knob was fitted. Im pretty sure there isnt a model that maintains car temperature.

Eh.... is that not just "auto" ?

On a related note, how long does the average Z take to heat up? Mine takes ages - about 5 minutes at a minimum to get reasonably warm (if i leave everything on auto and set the temp to 25). Does it have a proper heater or does it have to wait for the engine to heat up first?

On a related note, how long does the average Z take to heat up? Mine takes ages - about 5 minutes at a minimum to get reasonably warm (if i leave everything on auto and set the temp to 25). Does it have a proper heater or does it have to wait for the engine to heat up first?

5 minutes is pretty quick in these conditions. But it doesn rely on the engine getting some temparture in it beofre hot air starts to blow. In my old car (a 1.8T) it took at least 10 minutes to start blowing warm air in sub zero temperatures.

I had a problem with my heaters but they were permanently blowing full power. It turned out to be a loose connection of the wiring after the new gear knob was fitted. Im pretty sure there isnt a model that maintains car temperature.

Eh.... is that not just "auto" ?

Nope - It was full blast when it was in the off position too.... red hot day and the blowers were stuck on full power/full heat..... I lost about a stone in sweat on the journey to work :lol:

• 3 months later...

That's what heated seats are for :cloud9: