Hot Marques trackday Knockhill - Anyone been?

srobrien

Thanks for the info Alex although this name change has put me off slightly I hope it doesn't mean I'll be sharing a track with some dude in a £900 corsa not caring a shite if he runs into the back of me, at least with Hot Marques I would imagine it would be more civilized.

Think I'm home on the 12th of Feb so might book it for then before everyone cottons on that its back to a free for all.

R

hey alex, you spend a lot of time at trackdays right. what race licences do you have?

How come you dont race your convertable? you'd do well right?

?

National B licence, however not wealthy enough, and also lacking in talent to participate on a professional level. :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the info Alex although this name change has put me off slightly I hope it doesn't mean I'll be sharing a track with some dude in a £900 corsa not caring a shite if he runs into the back of me, at least with Hot Marques I would imagine it would be more civilized.

Think I'm home on the 12th of Feb so might book it for then before everyone cottons on that its back to a free for all.

R

It will not be the Corsa dude that you should be worried about, I would be more concerned about watching out for Neily. :lol::lol::lol:

It will be cool Ross so no need to worry mate, :thumbs: however the March or April dates will be a bit warmer and track conditions should be better than in Feb.

KRC is a cold circuit and in the months of Feb/March and Oct/Nov it can be difficult to get any meaningful heat into the tyres.

hey alex, you spend a lot of time at trackdays right. what race licences do you have?

?

National B licence, however not wealthy enough, and also lacking in talent to participate on a professional level. :lol::lol::lol:

not be worth it anyway though mate? you said you get bored with no-one to play with on trackdays. sorry if i am prying just interested, havent even done a trackday yet but knowing me i will probs catch the bug and want to start racing

Are you talking me down again :thumbdown::lol: I'm starting to see your tactics here. It's because one day you know it'll be you chasing me round that circuit ;):p:lol::lol::lol:

R

It will not be the Corsa dude that you should be worried about, I would be more concerned about watching out for Neily. :lol::lol::lol:

It will be cool Ross so no need to worry mate, :thumbs: however the March or April dates will be a bit warmer and track conditions should be better than in Feb.

KRC is a cold circuit and in the months of Feb/March and Oct/Nov it can be difficult to get any meaningful heat into the tyres.

Matt - have you got any idea what even regular track days cost - never mind actually trying to get into racing? :wacko::lol:

Including wear and tear items you're prolly looking at £300-500 per track day. By the time you've paid for track time, fuel, tyres, pads, rotors and regular fluid changes. Not to mention suspension items ...do I need to go on? :)

?

not be worth it anyway though mate? you said you get bored with no-one to play with on trackdays. sorry if i am prying just interested, havent even done a trackday yet but knowing me i will probs catch the bug and want to start racing

Matt - have you got any idea what even regular track days cost - never mind actually trying to get into racing? :wacko::lol:

Including wear and tear items you're prolly looking at £300-500 per track day. By the time you've paid for track time, fuel, tyres, pads, rotors and regular fluid changes. Not to mention suspension items ...do I need to go on? :)

?

+1 on that, very expensive. so far ive been lucky as ive not been pushing on.

OMG Neil! that is so straight out of Alex's mouth its not even funny :lol:

OMG Neil! that is so straight out of Alex's mouth its not even funny :lol:

lol really?? :lol: