Minecraft - anyone playing?

neo-ninja

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone here has heard of of is playing minecraft?

If you dont know what it is, its quite hard to explain really you have to have someone show you but to cut a long story short its a indie game that is still in alpha and sells around 5k copies a day at £9 a pop.

Anyway if anyone is playing would be cool to see what you guys have made etc.. and if you fancy setting up a mp server.

Oh and again for those who dont know what it is check the video - its quite amusing in a geeky way!

i am totally addicted! Such a simple concept and barely a game there but yet so addictive!

In a way reminds me of demon souls, mixed with 3d dot heroes mixed with themepark. The fear of dying, in a 3d block world that you can build and form how you wish.

You ever tried a multiplayer server?

Fancy giving it a go?

• 2 months later...
ah you run a server, is it open to others to play :)

well there are only a couple of us that play on it. its hosted on my gaming computer and on a crappy home network so it lags when my housemate watches videos :lol: i turn it on when i get in from work and it goes off at about 3am if at all, generally stays on for the weekend. the IP sometimes rotates but thats normally only when i turn it back on. i keep the guys up to date on a running facebook group message.

seems to work. If you fancy a game and are the non destructive type and respect other peoples stuff then no problem.

this is currently what we are playing on (well it doesnt look like that now after someone got artistic with the island on the left :wacko: and obviously it looks far better now with the new lighting and an HD texture pack.

2d0aee0e.jpg

0602f658.jpg

ah you run a server, is it open to others to play :)

well there are only a couple of us that play on it. its hosted on my gaming computer and on a crappy home network so it lags when my housemate watches videos :lol: i turn it on when i get in from work and it goes off at about 3am if at all, generally stays on for the weekend. the IP sometimes rotates but thats normally only when i turn it back on. i keep the guys up to date on a running facebook group message.

seems to work. If you fancy a game and are the non destructive type and respect other peoples stuff then no problem.

this is currently what we are playing on (well it doesnt look like that now after someone got artistic with the island on the left :wacko: and obviously it looks far better now with the new lighting and an HD texture pack.

2d0aee0e.jpg

0602f658.jpg

dude i would be dead interested in playing as of yet i havent played any of the mult, but my own world is pretty ace. PM me your server IP if you get a chance