370z side indicators

iain10101

Dan (dcash5) did them in his. Looked very neat but cost a small fortune from what I understand :surrender:

I love the idea of the logo indicators and sod the cost im gonna do it. Ive spent the last hour on the internet looking for the indicators themselves to no avail so may need some help sourcing them???...

Dan (dcash5) did them in his. Looked very neat but cost a small fortune from what I understand :surrender:

I love the idea of the logo indicators and sod the cost im gonna do it. Ive spent the last hour on the internet looking for the indicators themselves to no avail so may need some help sourcing them???...

PM Dan. Likely source is from the US or just get them from a dealer (hence the high cost!)

hi,

i did mine after seeing dcash5's & that was the link to my thred.

they look the nuts, but as said its alot of work.

firstly to do it properly both the zed & the indicator need taking off ,then a metal plate needs tacking onto the inside of the wings & both need filling with fibre glass till flat, then a biggish circle needs to be cut out were the zed was as the 370z indicator sits on a flat surface & has a big back to it. you have to do this because it doesn't quite site right as were the zed is on the 350 its counter sunk & slightly too small. i didn't do the plate on the zed, only on the indicator & as a consequence it doesn't quite site right, so im giving you my hindsight. if you dont do the plate at all the fiber glass will eventually sink & look terrible! once all that is done, you then need to spray inside of the wing & respay the whole of both of the outside wings, now your nearly there all you have to do is splice into the wiring of the 370z indicator as it has different plugs to the old indicator & fit it snugly into the pre cut hole, you may need some sort of adhesive to keep it in place. job done!!! alot of bloody work for a subtle mod, but worth it in the end. the 370z indicators can be bought from any nissan main dealer, i think i paid around £26-27 each for them, they just have to be ordered in, takes a few days. the main expense is all the body work.

hope this isn't too illegible & helps anyone considering doing this mod.

thanks matt. (wide)

Cheers fellas, advice taken! Im waiting for a call back regarding price from local dealer. My bodyshop said it would be done when the kit arrives and as hes doing the entire kit there would be no xtra charge.......... Result! . It now Looks like shine kit may be on order soon too, its all coming together nicely! YAY