Clicking Rear Axle

monkfish

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess he means the glove box behind the passenger seat.

When I am off next week I think I will trip all the panels out and get rid of any bits in compartments and go for a drive and see if I have the noise

:thumbs: gottcha.. I had visions of some special nuts coming loose in the limited diff :scare:

I picked up a clicking noise, just clicked once when moving forward and twice when reversing. Same thing each time I drive off now, so I’m assuming my car is suffering with a clicking rear axle.

My cars going to the dealers on Monday for another issue, so I’ll tell them to sort this out at the same time…

As well as 'popping bubblewrap' another way to describe it would be those clackers you'd put on your bike spokes as a kid?

Christ, dealer is really going to think I'm taking the **** if I turn up again and this time say "rear axle is clicking now mate"

If he is worth his salt he should be aware of the issue anyway - if not the TSB may help.

Our friend 350z-tech has the very article you can print and take to your dealers - here:

CLICKY

Ooh thanks for that, as i may be experiencing the clicky rear now. Makes a funny noise when i pull of, bit like a rattle but only for a bit and at low speed.

A guy from Nissan is coming to look at mine on Tuesday.

Typical though, when I took it to the dealer it wouldn't do the clicking when they checked it. Then they put it up on the ramp and afterwards said they'd get back to me.

That's when they called and said someone from Nissan was coming to look. Should I be worried, seems a bit extreme considering clicky axle is a well known fault

I'm slightly confused about mine. Mine sounds a bit more thudy thank clicky and it really sounds like its coming from the boot.

I drove around with the window open and when it did happen it was no louder, in fact it was harder to hear due to the road noise which makes me suspect its not the clicking axle. Is it always louder with the window down if its the axle?

Note mine also happens when i am slowing down of the second I hit a speed bump.

That said I have taken out virtually all of the boot and tailgate trim and my stereo install so there is virtually nothing in the back that could make any noise.

Think I will have to pop up the dealer with it before my warranty expires at the end of the month as I have no idea what is causing it.

I'm slightly confused about mine. Mine sounds a bit more thudy thank clicky and it really sounds like its coming from the boot.

I drove around with the window open and when it did happen it was no louder, in fact it was harder to hear due to the road noise which makes me suspect its not the clicking axle. Is it always louder with the window down if its the axle?

Note mine also happens when i am slowing down of the second I hit a speed bump.

That said I have taken out virtually all of the boot and tailgate trim and my stereo install so there is virtually nothing in the back that could make any noise.

Think I will have to pop up the dealer with it before my warranty expires at the end of the month as I have no idea what is causing it.

Rob, theres nothing in your box behind the passenger seat is there? Also there is a false floor in there with almost like a coin tray under it - just make sure theres nothing there or under that tray either (lifts up very easily by putting a key or small screwdriver under it). This is where the main control unit for the bluetooth hides - there may be something kicking about in there.

Keep your fingers crossed, iirc, lomoto brought out a Snap On screwdriver from either there or the engine bay!!