Goodbye my Love

mattbowey

For those who saw these...

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=41568

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42275

and for those who didnt i thought i would update,

my baby has been written off, i still need to send off all the docs for a settlement and should have done it a couple of weeks ago but i am having trouble letting go.

i guess i am now a non zed owners looking to buy a new one.

i have a couple in my sights and as soon as i get the money back from my insurance company i will be purchasing one. which will sit in the garage until the weather picks up again.

damn i miss her :byebye:

Bloody hell, how did I miss both of those threads!?! That is genuinely gutting, feel for you. What happended though? It must be in those threads somewhere but couldn't see a full explanation of what happened?

there isnt really much detail to give to be honest.

lost the back end in the wet, driving no faster than i normally would on a road i have driven a thousand times before. i had to avoid traffic coming the other way after the back end went and therefore ended up going backwards off the road into a sign post.

this is the reason i have been off the forum so much lately, been too depressing to come on here. :(

things are looking better now though, and i have college work to do, so here i am

Bloody hell, how did I miss both of those threads!?! That is genuinely gutting, feel for you. What happended though? It must be in those threads somewhere but couldn't see a full explanation of what happened?

there isnt really much detail to give to be honest.

lost the back end in the wet, driving no faster than i normally would on a road i have driven a thousand times before. i had to avoid traffic coming the other way after the back end went and therefore ended up going backwards off the road into a sign post.

this is the reason i have been off the forum so much lately, been too depressing to come on here. :(

things are looking better now though, and i have college work to do, so here i am

So what do you think caused you to lose the back end? I hope that doesn't sound like a cynical question, just genuinely interested to know what happened.

to be honest i dont know, it felt as if the traction control was off but i am certain it was on.

where it happened there is join in the road where they changed some of it. not just a patch but a line going straight across the whole road, might have struggled for grip. there is a man hole cover too, might have hit the with the back left, 3 lane road, 2 of them for the direction i was goin, the manhole is in the middle of the left lane. honestly dont know. just wish i could have held it and i would still have my zed.

to be honest i dont know, it felt as if the traction control was off but i am certain it was on.

where it happened there is join in the road where they changed some of it. not just a patch but a line going straight across the whole road, might have struggled for grip. there is a man hole cover too, might have hit the with the back left, 3 lane road, 2 of them for the direction i was goin, the manhole is in the middle of the left lane. honestly dont know. just wish i could have held it and i would still have my zed.

Scary stuff, but at least you are in one piece mate. Good luck with the hunt for a new Zed, just try and get a decent colour this time. :lol: