Window won't drop when opening door

osmononame

Hey Guys,

I'm new to 350z ownership but am loving every minute of it :teeth: ! After searching high and low (and scouring every corner of this forum looking for advice/potential problems) I ended up with a 53 plate 350Z GT in orange. The car is running beautifully apart from one problem - when opening the passenger side door the window sometimes retracts and so the door can be closed without it hitting the pillar but most times it doesn't retract or doesn't retract enough which means the window hits the pillar when the door is closed. I have looked through the forum and the main problem with the windows seems to be the motor not working but mine works fine apart from it not retracting enough when opening/closing the door. Anyone had a similar problem and if so any easy fix?

thanks,

Got up today earlier than usual today to try and get the window fixed. I managed to get the door panel off without much hassle but the sound deadening foam fell off in the process - no amount of superglue would make it stick back onto the panel so it's lying loose inside the door card - hope it doesn't cause a rattle.

The reset method was simple enough (my button was hidden behind a sticker so took me a while to locate that) and the window drop seems to be working now. Putting it all back together was the hard part I felt and no matter what I did I could not get one of the clips to stay attached to the door frame when pushing it against the door so the panel is being held on with one less clip. I don't think (hope) it will make a difference. My worry always is when messing with interior panels is introducing new squeaks/rattles but that's nothing a few notches on the volume can't solve :thumbs: .

:lol::lol:

I had a stereo fitted in my car about 2 years ago and at a similar time of the install the car developed a squeak everytime I went round a corner...

:bangin: It really did my head in, I played around with the unit but still couldnt get to the bottom of it so I took it back to the company that fitted it and said it was driving me mad. The fitter came in the car with me and it baffled him too, in the end we found the problem, it was nothing to do with the stereo it was the seat that was squeaking under the pressure of my fat arse everytime I went round a corner.... bit of WD40 on the rails and its been fine ever since

Was rather embarrassing though :blush: .... not been back there since :lol: