Blue-tooth OBDII reader, will it work 54 UK GT?

Sam Mcgoo

As above,

I was wanting to keep an eye on things such as boost, fuel pressure, oil temps/pressure and water temp without filling my car with gauges.

I've seen this;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELM-327-1-4a-Blue ... 218wt_1139

and was wondering if it would do the job.

I have also found an Android app that's meant to be pretty good so I can monitor it on my Desire HD when I haven't got my laptop with me. http://www.appbrain.com/app/torque/org.prowl.torque

Does anyone know if this will be suitable?

I'm not sure to be honest although I've been informed the selection on this page work with the Zed. http://www.obdkey.com/obd_orders.asp

I've already got my iPhone app and will order my odb key next month. It is more expensive but I'd trust my source this works.

Thanks for the input.

Bit more than I wanted to spend really, would be nice to know if the ebay ones work.

I acquired one of them!

The bluetooth module certainly lights up when in the Zed. Mine was limited as the port number or something on my PC wasn't right. Can't remember now!

One thing to note is that the module is quite chunky and might be awkward when driving due to the position of the port.

If I was you and running the car you run I'd be looking at a better solution like HKS Camp system or something.

Cheers Stew,

So you never had yours working?

I was really looking for something to just check everything is ok every once in a while, rather than a permanent fixture such as the HKS camp system. I really don't want to clutter up the cockpit.

I have an AFR gauge for constant monitoring but at the moment its sitting in the cup holder :blush: I'm either gonna get a pillar pod for that or try mounting it in the cubby hole. I would just like to monitor a few things from time to time just for piece of mind.

It would only become another peice of unnecessary gadgetry as you will soon grow tired of checking the numbers once the monopoly wears off. :lol:

As you are supercharged then perhaps boost and fuel pressure may be the two that would be the most appropriate for you to monitor.

However AEM have a great kit for Air/Fuel ratio monitoring which IMHO is far more important than the above but perhaps you already have this as you have not mentioned it.

Alex. :)

It would only become another peice of unnecessary gadgetry as you will soon grow tired of checking the numbers once the monopoly wears off. :lol:

As you are supercharged then perhaps boost and fuel pressure may be the two that would be the most appropriate for you to monitor.

However AEM have a great kit for Air/Fuel ratio monitoring which IMHO is far more important than the above but perhaps you already have this as you have not mentioned it.

:thumbs: Yeah its the AEM UEGO Wideband AFR gauge I have fitted.

Boost and fuel pressure is what I was thinking, along with oil temps. - Your right though, I would probably get bored with it. That's why I don't mind spending £30 on it. :)

:thumbs: Yeah its the AEM UEGO Wideband AFR gauge I have fitted.

Boost and fuel pressure is what I was thinking, along with oil temps. - Your right though, I would probably get bored with it. That's why I don't mind spending £30 on it. :)

You don't really require oil temp.

So a twin pod in the R/H pillar with a boost and fuel pressure gauge would be suffice and quite subtle. :thumbs:

I would go with similar to Alex says, you are better of with the wide-band AFR, and if you go for something like this http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorspor ... /1771/1722

For boost and oil temp, you're pretty much covered, is your 350Z UK or import? (edit, should have read the header more carefully, would have noticed it was UK LOL! anyway it may help others) as if its an import i very much doubt the blutooth device will work, as i have found that there are very few OBD readers that can deal with JOBD, which is what the imports use.